Forums
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 4:40pm
Hi to all you tech geeks. Any ideas what could be causing a video/audio stutter when playing you tube and vimeo videos?

Windows Vista 32 bit
Firefox 15.01
Flash Player 11 plug-in 11.4.402.278
Posted By: j_demo Re: Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 5:12pm
a bad internet connection might well be your problem
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 5:37pm
Post above me is correct, but, if the bar at the bottom of the video is filling up then it isn't your internet as the video is loading, what I would suggest is to update your video card drivers, especially if it is an Nvidia branded card, there is a known issue with some of their drivers and playing youtube videos, so try updating and see if it fixes the problem, also try playing the video in a different browser, if it works fine then you may need to look at re-installing firefox.
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 5:48pm
Thanks for your reply, jawhide. According to my taskbar icon my connection shows no probs.
The only way that I can stop the stutter is :
>task manager >processes >Flash player rt click >set priority to High.
When watching a video the CPU usage is at 100%, surely this is caused by Flash player and is too much.
Posted By: EvilCycle Re: Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 6:17pm
Setting the priority to high will obviously increase it's cpu usage, perhaps try re-installing flash or try installing an older version that didnt cause this issue, or perhaps you just need a better CPU!!
Posted By: Bizzybee1 Re: Video stutter - 21st Sep 2012 7:41pm
Hi EvilCycle, thanks for your posts. I've tried it in IE with the same results but I will try re-installing Firefox. This might be a solution as my son does not use Firefox but everything else is the same as mine and he does not have my problem. When checking the CPU, Firefox is quite high. Hovering around 30/40% with Flash player 50/60%.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral