Forums
Posted By: Willo_ Galaxy S3 repair - 7th Sep 2012 11:05pm
Needs outer screen.

Any ideas where I can get this done. I dont want one of these shops where they keep the phone for days on end, I want to be able to take it in, on a morning and have it back same day, and i dont want some cheap and nasty cover on it. Not to bothered about cost, but will not pay £160 to samsung for a piece of glass.

It works fine no display issues, pixels all perfect and touch screen sensitivity not affected at all. Glass is intact and stable.

Samsung want £160 but this is way over the top as again its not the display at fault it's just the glass.
Again, Display and capacitive touch work perfectly. In fact the phone is perfect, except this broken glass.

Attached picture $(KGrHqV,!ocF!JQ-!9yqBQSP,mMpc!~~60_12.jpg
Attached picture $T2eC16hHJGoE9nuQho!4BQSP,+Tm+g~~60_12.jpg
Posted By: Salmon Re: Galaxy S3 repair - 7th Sep 2012 11:39pm
Sadly the way these tings are put together it is not just the glass but EBay have lots of replacements.
Posted By: alann Re: Galaxy S3 repair - 8th Sep 2012 12:53am
Try sending the Dr on here a pm, he should be able to help or advise...
Posted By: TheDr Re: Galaxy S3 repair - 8th Sep 2012 7:58am
Originally Posted by alann
Try sending the Dr on here a pm, he should be able to help or advise...

Thanks

You're not going to like this, but £160 from Samsung themselves is actually quite a good price.

The glass (Digitizer/touch) and the LCD on these are bonded together, so most places will change both as one unit, this will ensure that you get a good fit and your phone works properly.

There are places that will say they can just do the glass, but it never looks quite right and if they break the LCD trying to separate them (which is more common than actually separating them) they'll charge you for that as well (with a "there was a fault with it" type excuse).

I know it's expensive but if you get Samsung to do it at least you'll keep your warranty intact.

Failing that, if it's not too bad and you can't see it, put a screen protector on to keep the little bits of glass out of your fingers, and put up with it for a while until the prices come down.
Posted By: DA_DIBZ Re: Galaxy S3 repair - 16th Sep 2012 10:33pm
£160 is not to bad friend of mine paid £200 for glass.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral