Forums
Posted By: Anonymous laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 10:25am
hi all after a few isssues with some virus and malware on my laptop i now am having problems with my laptop ??

it wont open ieexplorer when i click the icon ,either via shortcut from desktop or via start menu !!!

managed to open google and place a icon on desktop so it works but i know theres a problem somewere that needs sorting

when i try ieexplore it comes up with the message below

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iexplore.exe
Application Version: 9.0.8112.16447
Application Timestamp: 4fc9cd53
Fault Module Name: msfenlpa.dll
Fault Module Version: 3.6.2.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 501fb1c0
Exception Code: c00000fd
Exception Offset: 0000113b
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

anyone got any ideas as was fine one minute then the next wouldnt work ???
What windows version are you using...ie xp..vista..7
thanks
get in touch with The Dr
Posted By: Anonymous Re: laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 10:54am
sorry should have said os is vista home premium ver 6
(build 6002 service pack 2 )

and laptop is acer aspire 5935g

also have mbam logs of stuff ive removed to to spyware and viruses

many thx
Posted By: Anonymous Re: laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 10:56am
Originally Posted by kemirakid
get in touch with The Dr

i will take it to the dr ,but in all honesty am hoping its a easy-ish fix even for a idiot like myself hahah

if it cant be remedied then it will be a trip to the doc methinks
I would download and run a Malwarebytes full scan, take action on anything that remains. Then download and reinstall IE (or preferably another better browser, I suggest Chrome). Of course you need to a working browser to download stuff so you may have to use another computer to do this
Or try ccleaner. just give that a bash first
Posted By: Anonymous Re: laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 11:47am
i suspected as much lol , i have run a full scan and rectified all the issues and also done the same in safe mode too....

have another laptop here so downloading a new explorer or chrome is no probs , i take it it wont affect any pictures videos etc etc on the laptop itself then if i re-install it ??

just want to check as if honest its the first time its chucked a wobbly like this suprisingly for windows hjahaha

have crap cleaner too although havnt ran that yet ?
It shouldn't effect any pics or videos but dont take my word, but if it was me with the problem, i would still have a go at sorting it...but in my opinion you should be fine mate
Posted By: Anonymous Re: laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 12:07pm
cheers mate have most of the stuff backed up but just wanted to be sure first lol
No worries matey...just go for it lol
take care
Posted By: Anonymous Re: laptop and ieexplorer issues i need help with ?? - 7th Aug 2012 10:28pm
all sorted and done now ,ie9 didnt install correctly so now running previous version after uninstalling it and all is good now
cheers
© Wirral-Wikiwirral