Forums
Posted By: nidgynoo Giffgaff - 17th Jul 2012 8:38pm
Hi,Just after some advice. My contract with Orange is due to expire next month and am thinking of getting a Giffgaff Sim Card.
I've been with Orange for over 8 years but don't think I am getting a good deal any more.Happy with the phone I have but Just wondered whether anyone can recommend Giffgaff or suggest another provider?? Thanks in advance...N
Posted By: Headcoat_TheMrs Re: Giffgaff - 17th Jul 2012 9:06pm
Hi
I have been with giffgaff for 2-3 years now and price wise they can't be beaten, but I am sure you have seen that already.

I'll pm you a link for a sim.
Posted By: nodding2 Re: Giffgaff - 17th Jul 2012 9:08pm
Talkmobile great deals using vodaphone network.
http://www.talkmobile.co.uk/
Posted By: sam15 Re: Giffgaff - 17th Jul 2012 9:21pm
I'm pretty sure your phone has to be unlocked or on O2 as Giff gaff uses the O2 network.

Sam
Posted By: karlb Re: Giffgaff - 17th Jul 2012 9:41pm
I've been with giffgaff for about a year never had any problems cheap calls free if you phone someone else on giffgaff, you can even get paid for helping out in there forums and recommending people.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Giffgaff - 18th Jul 2012 6:39am
I use an unlocked Orange phone on O2 it's easy to do there are a million websites to help you. O2 and Giffgaff can't be beaten IMO.
Posted By: Sammy1969 Re: Giffgaff - 18th Jul 2012 8:47am
Ring Orange customer service and ask them for a PAC code. Tell them you are transfering to GiffGaff as you are no longer happy with the deal you have. As you have been with them for a while, they WILL offer you a better deal. Cost nothing to try! PAC code lasts for 30 days, does not have to be used. If you don't use it, just ask for a new one after the 30 days if needed.
Posted By: Lando Re: Giffgaff - 18th Jul 2012 6:37pm
Giff gaff rock
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Giffgaff - 22nd Jul 2012 11:28pm
Thanks everyone for the comments...Much appreciated!!
Unfortunately as I am in a basement flat I'm not going to get a signal with Giffgaff (grrr)so now looking into Talkmobile unless Orange offer me what I want though I doubt that will happen. Thanks again :))
Posted By: TheDr Re: Giffgaff - 23rd Jul 2012 12:05am
All the advice above is good

GiffGaff is O2, with ZERO customer service, it's all done through their forums

If you can get an O2 signal you should get GiffGaff (O2 customers do take priority on their masts at peak load.

If you ring Orange and ask them to unlock your phone they should do it for free (which phone is it out of interest)

If you ask them for your PAC (not PUK) Porting Authorisation Code you can keep your number.

Orange will also put you through to retentions who will offer you a better deal than normal sales staff can. (sales staff get npaid on commission, retentions get paid if they manage to keep you).

GiffGaff to GiffGaff calls are free (good for families)
Posted By: Lando Re: Giffgaff - 23rd Jul 2012 11:59am
Unlimited Internet & texts, and 250 mins for a 10 pound add on
© Wirral-Wikiwirral