Forums
Posted By: nicky Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 10:15am
Is there anyone who uses an Xbox with a super hub?

We got a super hub fitted about 3 weeks back and since then my Xbox cant seem to find the super hub on the wireless networks. When it does find it, it takes ages for it to connect and then is constantly disconnecting. The hub is downstairs and the Xbox upstairs. Other items connect to it fine, although the internet is slow on my phone when I am upstairs.
Was just wondering if there was anyone else having a problem?
Been trying to use Netflix but it keeps disconnecting throughout a film!
Posted By: gibblet Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 10:40am
Have you tried the Xbox in the same room as the superhub if so does the same happen?
have you tried changing the channel in the config pages of the superhub?

(best way to find the right channel for your wireless is to download a programme called inssider onto a laptop. inssider will tell you the channels other wireless in your area are using.)

Another thing that might work is changing the wireless mode to 145mbps this should help with increasing the range on the superhub.

Let me know how you get on.
Posted By: eddtheduck Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 10:56am
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/New-Superhub-and-XboxLive-help/td-p/384143

this may help
Posted By: nicky Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 11:43am
Ok thanks will give them a try tonight.
I used to have a belkin router set up before the super hub and it used to work perfectly then. So it is definitely the hub that is causing the problem, but can't figure out why.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 12:53pm
yeah u will get it sorted, my super hub has a mac pro,macbook pro, macbook air, hp laptop, iPad 3, iPhone 4s, iPhone 4, 3 wired pcs, samsung smart tv, NAS drive and networked CCTV, ps3 and 2 xbox 360s connected to it, and sometimes all at once and it works flawlessly and thats a pretty hefty amount to have connected, so deffo has to be in the settings, hope you sort it soon laugh
Posted By: nicky Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 1:17pm
Wow thats a lot! lol
Did you have any problems with yours when it was first set up?
Posted By: cathie Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 1:18pm
I have an Iphone, Samsung RIO, XBox and a laptop connected to mine, if my son shuts his laptop down he then has to reboot the hub in order to get the connection again, I cannot always connect to the wifi on my phone...I think the HUB is pretty shit myself!!!
Posted By: gibblet Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 2:05pm
another way around it is put the superhub into modem only mode then use your belkin router again
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 3:30pm
Originally Posted by nicky
Wow thats a lot! lol
Did you have any problems with yours when it was first set up?

No tbh i didn't you know, i actually missed of two extra things that are also connected.

The only thing i can say about it is , for a while at about 12.05am in the morning it would reboot itself, since then though I complained an was sent a new hub and its all been fine.

I do think the super hub has its flaws and theres lots of unhappy people who aren't to keen on it , but i think once you've got it all sorted with a bit of luck you'll be alright.

Also just to add, you say that the internet is slow when your upstairs and the xbox finds it hard to see it possibly because of a weak signal, I can use my super hub about 10 meters down my road with a decent signal, all my devices are in different parts of the house and each have the strongest signal possible.

I would definitely try changing the broadcast channel to start with an see what kind of difference it makes.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 10th Jul 2012 6:07pm
Try changing the broadcast channel, as other items (microwaves CCTV etc) can interfere with it, also, check that it's not set to Auto (by default) as this can change channel at will, PCs/Laptops seem to cope but some other devices need to be rebooted.
Posted By: nicky Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 11th Jul 2012 5:50pm
I've just connected this to the tv downstairs where the hub is and it picked up the wireless network straight away with 5 bars showing on the signal. But move it back upstairs and it cant find the signal. When it does find it, its only one or two bars and then disappears from the list.
I've tried all the wireless channels and made sure it was on 145bps, and it still doesn't make a difference.
The only other option is to do modem only, but then it seems pointless paying out to get the hub in the first place.
Posted By: nicky Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 11th Jul 2012 6:07pm
Now my phone doesn't seem to be picking up the wifi. Hope i haven't messed anything up on the hub settings frown
Posted By: nicky Re: Virgin Media SuperHub & Xbox - 11th Jul 2012 8:06pm
It seems to be working now. I had accidentally unticked the 'broadcast ssid' box which is why my phone wouldn't connect. And the xbox seems to be staying connected now, so fingers crossed it will carry on that way! Thanks for everyones help.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral