Forums
Posted By: Lynda Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 3rd Jul 2012 8:31pm
Im currently at a friends house down in south wales, and Im having problems with my lappy.....

It wont stay connected to the internet! Ive been online here before this stay with same laptop and had no problem......any ideas??

ps.
I can manage to stay online if Im sat facing the router, but soon as I change seats or something, it goes offline!

Im here for another week, and dont want to have to sit facing a cupboard for a week lol
Posted By: gopher Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 3rd Jul 2012 9:25pm
Been having the same problem on wireless connection, when i look for problem windows tells me to reset my wireless adaptor!
Posted By: j_demo Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 3rd Jul 2012 9:29pm
only thing i can possibly suggest, is get a long (>10M) ethernet cable and then you can face the other way as you'll be wired rather than wireless...

otherwise, sorry, can't help you much!
Posted By: mrhanky Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 3rd Jul 2012 9:44pm
don't think the world will end if you can't get on line for a week wink
Posted By: TheDr Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 3rd Jul 2012 10:33pm
Originally Posted by mrhanky
don't think the world will end if you can't get on line for a week wink

......and if it did......how would you KNOW ?
Posted By: Mark Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 4th Jul 2012 7:00am
Baby Monitors and Microwave Ovens can kill a wifi signal.

Make sure your in line of sight and then take it from there.

Make sure there is no electrical devices / speakers between you or the router while testing.

Either that or your highly magnetic wink

When you say Turn Away your body can weaken a signal.
Wifi Don't like water and we are 80% of the stuff.
Posted By: PotNoodle Re: Unable to stay connected to tinterweb! - 4th Jul 2012 11:14am
Originally Posted by Mark
Wifi Don't like water and we are 80% of the stuff.

Don't wish to get technical grin
An average adult body is 50 to 65 percent water -- that's roughly 45 quarts.
Men are more watery than women. A man's body is 60 to 65 percent water, compared to 50 to 60 percent for a woman. In infants, the figure is a whopping 70 percent according to statistics compiled by the International Bottled Water Association.

Percentage of water making up tissues, organs, fluids and bone in the human body:
Brain 75%,
Heart 75%,
Lungs 86%,
Muscle 75%,
Liver 85%,
Kidney 83%,
Bone 22%,
Blood 83%,
Saliva 95%,
Perspiration 95%

So I don't go off topic, try logging into your router and changing the channel number.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral