Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Big printer help? - 11th Jun 2012 11:36pm
Hi can anyone advise me on a big printer?

What I mean is a printer larger than A4 as I have been printing vector art using adobe illustrator but having to print on several sheets of A4 and joining together isn't practical.

The printer needs to be capable of quality prints on photo paper also and if you have one available please let me know.

Cost of ink does not bother me as the art I am printing is very costly.

Thanks.
Posted By: Sallybear Re: Big printer help? - 12th Jun 2012 6:45am
I used to use a HP 1220c for printing really high quality A3 prints, they are a bit old these days but can be found brand new or refurbed on eBay no problem. They are inkjet but as long as you use the right inks they are incredibly good. I bought some cheap inks for it once, and it wasn't worth it.

I work in a printers, if you just needed one or two printing off it wouldn't be worth it, but if you have a few together I could probably get you a good deal. We don't print on photo paper, but we do have gloss papers available. Let me know if I can help.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Big printer help? - 12th Jun 2012 12:37pm
Thanks for the offer sallybear but it would not be cost effective for your company to only do me one print of each design for me

It's for the graphics on some old arcade machines I am restoring.

You could help me on another thing though, could you tell me how to print to a specific size in adobe illustrator?

I mean if I want to print to a size of 25" by 12" for one of my marquees how do I do it?

I done a bezel last night but wasted paper and ink getting it to the size I wanted it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral