Forums
Posted By: ChrisJ Adobe Update Scam - 10th Jun 2012 8:12pm

The old Adobe Scam is being used again, if you receive an E-Mail that looks like the one below do not not click the link.
delete the E-Mail

This is a bogus email and you should not download any software from the sites linked within the email. Adobe the makers of Adobe Reader and other software will notify you of an update when you use their software and not send out an email telling you about updates.

Text is from here: Adobe E-Mail Hoax...

[Linked Image]
ADOBE SCAM by Micckle, on Flickr

Adobe E-Mail Hoax...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Adobe Update Scam - 10th Jun 2012 8:17pm
thanks chris will watch for it. max
Posted By: davew3 Re: Adobe Update Scam - 11th Jun 2012 6:39am
I got a notification of an Egreeting the other day and like anything that requires me to open a file or a link I deleted immediately , unless a file or a piccy is coming from people I know they go into the bit bucket.
Posted By: Nigel Re: Adobe Update Scam - 11th Jun 2012 12:13pm
Originally Posted by davew3
I got a notification of an Egreeting the other day and like anything that requires me to open a file or a link I deleted immediately , unless a file or a piccy is coming from people I know they go into the bit bucket.

Are you guys sure there is NO spyware or the such on your computers?
Posted By: davew3 Re: Adobe Update Scam - 11th Jun 2012 12:33pm
No, I use various progs for malaware and I use Yahoo email so apart from the connection to Yahoo, so long as I steer clear of opening a file then I have a chance, but then as an exercise every other month I usually format the drive and reinstall everything I need.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral