Forums
Posted By: Wiggi77 3DS help - 29th May 2012 8:46am
Bought a pre owned 3ds and it's got parental control set by a pin. The original owner can't remember the pin do I phoned Nintendo support for a master reset key number and they said because its pre owned it need to be sent off to them to do it, they'll return it in ten days. I bought it to use it so does anyone know a way round this?
Thanks in advance
Posted By: TheDr Re: 3DS help - 29th May 2012 8:56am
Step1 - Go to this link --> http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/sy...ttings-parental-controls-forgot#nextStep

Step2 - Follow the instructions to get an inquiry key.

Step3 - Enter the inquiry key into the field at the bottom of the webpage and click continue.

Step4 - You can either choose to call or chat with Nintendo Support. I chose chat myself so I would recommend you do the same.

Step5 - The Chat Support agent gave me a master code which I entered into my DS and it reset the parental controls.

From GameSpot website

I know you said you've already called them but sometimes you get a different agent and they do things in a different way.
Posted By: Wiggi77 Re: 3DS help - 29th May 2012 9:01am
Cheers dr, tried this last night and this morning, keeps saying chat not working

Yeah just phoned again, spoke to someone else and told them it was new and he's sending me an email I've got to print off and send to them. Not ideal but better than sending the whole thing off
© Wirral-Wikiwirral