Forums
Posted By: Clive how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 10:27am
any one know how much it costs to unlock iphone 4, and best place to go
Posted By: Sanchez Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 10:40am
£100 anywhere as theres a megga fine if your caught!
Posted By: Clive Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 10:41am
Originally Posted by Sanchez
£100 anywhere as theres a megga fine if your caught!
a fine to unlock it, why?
Posted By: TheComebackKid Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 11:34am
I think Sanchez means that if it needs to be unlocked, it must be Stolen or something, as when you buy one, it is automatically unlocked by the store...
Good Luck with that
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 11:44am
Can't he do it himself? Is it not like jailbreaking it?
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 12:25pm
Only iPhones bought direct from the Apple Store are unlocked to any network from new.

You're correct that in Birkenhead Market they are charging £100 to unlock.

We charge £40 to Wiki members.

This is a proper unlock not a jail break.
Posted By: Sanchez Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 12:54pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
Only iPhones bought direct from the Apple Store are unlocked to any network from new.

You're correct that in Birkenhead Market they are charging £100 to unlock.

We charge £40 to Wiki members.

This is a proper unlock not a jail break.

That £100 was a rough guess too, dam im good!
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 12:58pm

That £100 was a rough guess too, dam im good!

I thought you were just as staggered by the price as I was when a customer told me how much they'd been quoted in town.

If that was a guess you need your own "Psychic Sanchez" RoadShow
Posted By: dkind Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 1:17pm
3 network unlock is 90 in bhead market but the rest are 45 that's at starlight I just phoned them
Posted By: Sanchez Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 1:28pm
I think your right doc, I always seem to be able to guess the price on most things. No wonder I walked away £105 up on bargan hunt ealier this year smile
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 2:25pm
Depending on the network you can unlock for £15.

Orange and o2 will unlock them for a £15 fee. I have used the o2 service several times.
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 2:29pm
Originally Posted by dkind
3 network unlock is 90 in bhead market but the rest are 45 that's at starlight I just phoned them

Out of the six posts you have made on here three of them are to "recommend" Starlight, despite you then quoting their prices which are higher than elsewhere. think
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 2:31pm
Originally Posted by DeanoBirko
Depending on the network you can unlock for £15.

Orange and o2 will unlock them for a £15 fee. I have used the o2 service several times.

This is true if you have a sim with them, I made a post about this last year explaining how to do it for all networks including contact numbers, it was hijacked a bit by someone jumping on to promote jail-breaking them, but the basics are all there on the first page..
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 2:32pm
I think your right doc, I always seem to be able to guess the price on most things. No wonder I walked away £105 up on bargan hunt ealier this year smile

£105..... That's like, the budget for the entire series isn't it smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 4:25pm
2 years worth!!!
Posted By: dkind Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 4:34pm
Is there a site rule that says no other phone shops but your own can't be mentioned
Posted By: Madge Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 4:54pm
I have had two iphone 4 unlocked by o2 for free in the last 3 months, one they did via text, the other one they sent me to a link on their site where i filled in the form and 48hrs later it was unlocked,
Posted By: kittykat Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 7:20pm
Bloomin heck doc empty your pms!
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Apr 2012 7:46pm
Originally Posted by kittykat
Bloomin heck doc empty your pms!

Ok, cleared a few, does this mean I'm going to have to do some work now ? smile
Posted By: WallaseyHead Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 1st May 2012 12:34pm
o2 will unlock your iPhone for free. Had it done twice now. That's if you're on contract.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help...king&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

PAYG on o2 is £15.00.

'Three' charge £15.

Best to speak to the network it is locked to before going down any other root.

Posted By: D_J_M Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 12:01pm
ill unlock ya iphone for 20 quid just bring the pc cable with you message if interested
Posted By: D_J_M Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 12:02pm
any more than that and you are being robbed it takes 20 minutes silly prices #100? #45? nah
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 12:17pm
Originally Posted by D_J_M
ill unlock ya iphone for 20 quid just bring the pc cable with you message if interested

YO!

Will it screw the jailbreak up?
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 1:27pm
A 20min unlock IS a jailbreak, he can't unlock it and all be done in 20mins because it doesn't work that way, only the network can send the unlatch request to Apple, which can take from a few minutes to several days depending on the network and which part of the unlocking team you can get hold of.
Posted By: D_J_M Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 6:29pm
i have the official apple software all you do is reinstall the firmware with the ome from the update service and do a factory reset.....done
Posted By: D_J_M Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 6:29pm
yhe updated firmware will have the open network oprion
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 6:45pm
You mean that you install a patched version of the software, easy enough to do, anyone who owns a iPhone can do it themselves with a standard data cable, but it IS NOT a full unlatching/unlocking it is a basic hack of the phone.
Make sure you have a baseband backup before you do it and know how to reactivate the phone or you're going to be stuck with a lot of 1015 errors when you try and update from iTunes.

What you have IS NOT a proper unlock, and if people don't know what you've done and it screws up their phone Apple will void any warranty if they take it to them.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 3rd Jun 2012 6:50pm
Originally Posted by TheDr
You mean that you install a patched version of the software, easy enough to do, anyone who owns a iPhone can do it themselves with a standard data cable, but it IS NOT a full unlatching/unlocking it is a basic hack of the phone.
Make sure you have a baseband backup before you do it and know how to reactivate the phone or you're going to be stuck with a lot of 1015 errors when you try and update from iTunes.

What you have IS NOT a proper unlock, and if people don't know what you've done and it screws up their phone Apple will void any warranty if they take it to them.

Thanks dr, that's why I haven't messed with my phones network.
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 26th Feb 2013 1:05pm
Is it still true that Orange iPhone's can't be unlocked due to a dispute between Orange and Apple ???
Posted By: j_demo Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 26th Feb 2013 6:33pm
if the phone was on contract, get in touch with the provider you got it off, they should give you the code to unlock it as you've paid it all.
Posted By: TheDr Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 26th Feb 2013 7:32pm
Orange still won't unlock iPhones.

There isn't an unlock code for iPhones, it's a software update on iTunes which the network provider has to request from Apple, this then unlocks the phone when you connect to iTunes with a different networks sim in it.

If your contract has finished you can put your request in for it and it will be added to the HUGE backlog waiting to go through.
Posted By: kenmo52 Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 26th Feb 2013 10:30pm
OK, thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.
Posted By: Willo_ Re: how much to unlock iphone 4 - 30th Jul 2013 10:32am
Originally Posted by AnniYanMuthu
Originally Posted by Clive
any one know how much it costs to unlock iphone 4, and best place to go

The cost is depend upon the iPhone 4 to which country network it is locked.To get the cheap,best and fast unlocking service visit the site WickedUnlock.com here they are providing the Remote Unlocking Service with easy step by step unlocking instructions and unlock it.After unlocking it,you can use freely any GSM network SIM card.I have unlocked my phone here.This is the safe and permanent unlocking service.
[Linked Image]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral