Forums
Hi,any Ideas why a vidoe editing program I use often now will no longer start,I double click on it's icon but nothing happens,it worked fine until a few weeks ago?
Open Windows Explorer. Navigate to the install folder, will be some thing like C: > Program Files > Pinnacle. Right Click the relevant .exe and click Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). Delete the old icon.
Or right click on the existing desktop icon choose properties and near the bootom pick Open File Location and Right Click the relevant .exe and click Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). Delete the old icon.
Originally Posted by ChrisJ
Or right click on the existing desktop icon choose properties and near the bootom pick Open File Location and Right Click the relevant .exe and click Send to > Desktop (create shortcut). Delete the old icon.
Assuming that it still points at the correct target. (No reason why it shouldn't, but I've had Windows 'forget' before.)
1)Can't find the .exe file in windows explorer
2)When I right click the icon on the desktop the "open file location"bit is grayed out

any ideas?
If you're using Windows Vista or 7 go to start and type pinnacle studio in the search box.

If you are using XP go to control panel > Add/remove programs and check that it's still listed. If it's not it's probably been uninstalled.
It works in safe mode but will not load at all in normal mode
Uninstall it using the control panel and then reboot and reinstall it.
Originally Posted by Patchthedog
It works in safe mode but will not load at all in normal mode
Interesting. If you've got the install disc, go with ex0__'s suggestion.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral