Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Analog TV - 6th Mar 2012 6:14pm
I know this area the analog tv signal has been turned off never bothered looking into it as I get all my viewing pleasures via satellite but in my caravan I have a oldish crt tv will this still work with a set top box as the analog is turning off in april.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Analog TV - 6th Mar 2012 6:39pm
As long as you have an external Freeview box it should work.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Analog TV - 6th Mar 2012 8:01pm
Thanks happy
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Analog TV - 6th Mar 2012 9:05pm
Be mindful that you will need a digital aerial to go with the box as well, the old one is the wrong wavelength.
Posted By: chris58 Re: Analog TV - 6th Mar 2012 10:42pm
My son has an analog tele with a separate freeview box and digital indoor aerial in his bedroom it works fine
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Analog TV - 7th Mar 2012 12:44am
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
Be mindful that you will need a digital aerial to go with the box as well, the old one is the wrong wavelength.

It's dependent on the ariel and its age tbh; the decoding is done by the box, the ariel has little to do with it generally. However, a better ariel is more likely to pick up a stronger (and usually better) signal, and there is such things as wideband ariels which are designed to pick up a wider range of frequencies etc, but generally any ariel (even a coat-hanger depending on the strength of signal in the local area) will get something.

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral