Forums
Posted By: Salmon Drivers - 17th Feb 2012 10:47am
I had an odd one yesterday with my PC. Going along perfectly happily on Firefox when the system just froze. I left it for about an hour just to see but no movement at all. I could not get into task manager, no response at all so I powered off and after a few minutes tried restarting. It came up saying there had been a problem and the usual queries of did I want to start normally, safe mode etc. I chose normal and it then froze again so I powered off and restarted in safe mode. This time it froze on the list of drivers at agpCPQ.sys.I tried a few time to start in the various safe modes but eventually gave up and powered off. This morning it started perfectly normally and so far seems as good as ever.I had anew graphics card in last October.Most odd, anybody else had similar experiences?
Posted By: Clive Re: Drivers - 17th Feb 2012 10:50am
just up date all your drivers direct from the manuafacture website, i.e if your graphics is nvidia, get drivers from there website, it will scan your pc and find best driver
Posted By: nidgynoo Re: Drivers - 17th Feb 2012 8:22pm
if it was around 6pm last night could it of been because of the power problems everyone was having...just a thought...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Drivers - 17th Feb 2012 8:32pm
I wonder if you started it in LKGC when it started working again??

smile
Posted By: Salmon Re: Drivers - 18th Feb 2012 11:25am
Blooming thing stopped again mid evening and then this morning fired up and failed again. Says a device driver is attempting to corrupt the system in the kernal stack and must be replaced.Not looking too good at the moment. Luckily I have a lap top as well.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral