Forums
Posted By: Tombraider tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 3:15pm
My mate has got a tv and she has a freeview box and booster areal.
We have tuned it in serveral times and added channels.
The problem is we can t get bbc 1.
anyone got any suggestions?
Posted By: kerryandrob Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 3:57pm
I had this problem with my tv and my mum does with hers, although not ideal bbc1 should be on channel 800 and something hope it works for you .
Posted By: davew3 Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 7:38pm
This area has a problem with Moel Parc the Welsh tv transmitter just on the otherside of the Dee, because it's close it takes over on our Winter hill when you do a setup of channels and we end up with BBC around 800, some DVB tuners will allow you to move channels around to suit , so have a look at the setup menu on the DVB tuner.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 7:51pm
Try Investing in Sky TR

If you have the spare money its worth it as freeview blows
Posted By: MattLFC Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 8:28pm
Originally Posted by Nelzy84
Try Investing in Sky TR

If you have the spare money its worth it as freeview blows

Not sure where you got the idea that Freeview blows, but as someone who used to be part of the development team for TopUp TV, it is fantastic considering it is effectively free, and locally is even better now since the signal power was increased and capacity freed up with the DSO. Sky customer service blows when they have their usual billing cock-ups... no such problem with Freeview... you don't have to line Murdochs despicable pockets with £30+ per month of your hard-earned, just to watch TV.

Having used both systems, they have their pro's and their con's, but overall, Terrestrial is actually the more reliable, because an ariel does not have to be positioned so accurately to receive a signal.

Anyway, the problem is likely the ariel; is it external or internal? If it's internal, what model is she using?

There is a fight between Moel Parc and Winter Hill... but you should not be affected by it, unless you have the ariel position in a certain way. Depending on natural factors (weather etc) at the time of scan however, you may pick up the Welsh variants alongside of the English variants.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 8:36pm
You're in the Storeton Transmitter coverage area, they were doing some work on the BBC channels yesterday.
Posted By: jimmythemoonlite Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 9:07pm
Try retuning your tv, use setting to start auto search, first remove the ariel and when search bar is about 2/3 done put areil connection back in, this should put all local station in normal order of 1, 2, 3 ect.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 10:24pm
thanks for your help well the sensible ones anyway.
i will try all of the above,
thanks so much again thumbsup
will let you know tomorrow she will be well pleased she loves her tv!
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 10:45pm
No problem wink
Posted By: Tombraider Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 10:48pm
your welcome
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 10:52pm
Thanks
Posted By: Tombraider Re: tuning channels. - 2nd Feb 2012 10:56pm
she dont like wwe she likes football lol.
just incase they show some on bbc1 but i said to her i dought it. thumbsup
Posted By: MattLFC Re: tuning channels. - 3rd Feb 2012 1:40am
Football Focus, Final Score, MOTD and MOTD2 every weekend wink
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: tuning channels. - 3rd Feb 2012 8:20am
Whenever i tune mine or relatives boxes i have to do it maually using the winter hill multiplex numbers. It works very well and eliminates the welsh stuff. Im on my mobile now so dont have them to hand. Google it.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: tuning channels. - 3rd Feb 2012 1:22pm
thanks Kevin
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: tuning channels. - 3rd Feb 2012 9:51pm
The numbers to do a manual search on are 55,58,59,61,62 and if you have freeview hd, do 54 as well. Save the channels found and all should be well (and not welsh).
Posted By: MattLFC Re: tuning channels. - 4th Feb 2012 7:58am
Although it does depend what box/TV you have, as to whether you can do a manual search or not, that should be the way forward Ian, good point well made!
© Wirral-Wikiwirral