Forums
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 11:38am
Hiya

I'm due for a up grade in 2 weeks and was thinking about getting a torch,I've got a blackberry curve 9300 at the moment.

I haven't a clue of anything to do with these phone was just wondering any one got one?are they any good?

I've just recently got a iphone for christmas as my work phone ortherwise I would of got the iphone.

Thanks
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 12:41pm
Hi Sarah, they are sh*te friend works in Orange in Pyramids and gets loads of returns due to software, white screens etc.

She warned me off them smile
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 12:53pm
That's where I was going to go too lol

Right well will have to think of another phone lol thanks dude
Posted By: poppet Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:02pm
Have to agree. I had one when they first came out had 2 replacements and gave back in the end as they all tended to freeze on the Internet.
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:04pm
Shame really

I really wanted one frown
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:41pm
ive got 2 blackberry torch 9810 and at first i had alot of problems but now they seem to be fine!!(problems were that they needed software update reg but i wasnt really up to scratch with it)
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:45pm
See I haven't got time for all these updates

I give my phones to my orther half to sort

Just want to keep blackberry but don't want no hassle.

I've had a look round and don't really like orther phones that I've seen
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:48pm
no matter what phone you get your gonna hear good and bad!!!but to be honest these are so simple to update and only take seconds to do so!!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:52pm
I really want one

Most of my clients have Bbm so it easiest all round.

Plus there a good design which I like

Don't have any problems with my curve 9300
Posted By: pokerchamp Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:54pm
i'd go for it,blackberrys are great if you know how to work them,unfortunatley alot of people dont!!
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 1:57pm
My sis has same phone as mine recondition and she has nothing but trouble

I paid £220 about 6 months ago And mine is fab

I wudnt knock them stall

So I thought sod it will get a upgrade and get a tourch
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 2:13pm
I use my BB for work, emails mainly, but internet is crap (just web pages, nevermind streaming)

Have got my old 8900 as personal phone, entirely up to you but comes to something when the sales rep puts you off em

If you go to Orange ask for Jai or Alicia they'll sort you out

Have you looked into the 9990 the one abover the torch, more reliable but start at £549 on contract
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 2:17pm
Awww thanks nelz

Didn't know they done the one above

I will pay good money for a decent phone to be honest
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 2:21pm
Deffo mate

It's a bold 9990 looks like a normal handset, not flashy looking like the torch with the slide etc but it's the shiznit
Posted By: Sarah_ZR Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 3:02pm
Lol will have a look at one now happy
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Blackberry Tourch - 2nd Feb 2012 8:19pm
Make sure you haggle with your network, get a better deal. Tbh, if you could get an iPhone, you could sell it all day long for more than a crappy Blackberry is worth, and keep ya existing BB. Or take no handset and pay pennies with a very short contract.

Deffo telephone the network, don't bother with a store, all they can do is offer you standard tariffs.

However, if the networks don;t offer you much, I do highly recommend upgrading through buymobilephones.net - they usually offer cashback (straight cashback not redemption) deals, their phones are usually unlocked (as they buy the phones in themselves) and they have a much wider range of handsets than the networks themselves.

Some tips to haggling/battering your network down: https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums...true/Re_Cut_Your_Mobile_Bills_Contr.html

smile
© Wirral-Wikiwirral