Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 12:39pm
Kids have got some new Wii games from santa and are desperate to play them when the disc is loaded on the wii it says wii system update on the disc channel but when you click on it it says update failed.
I have also tried the wii update in wii settings and after a few mins it tells me update error 32004.
I have tried channel 1-11 on the router put the wii in the dmz and turned router firewall off as recommended by nintendo support but still cannot update the wii does anyone have any idea how I can update the wii so the kids can play there games.
The wii has not been modded in any way.
Posted By: Clive Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 12:58pm
Don't know if you have allready looked at this http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wf...ode=32004&system=Wii&locale=lang

Also try doing system reset
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 12:59pm
Yeah done all that and still no joy frown
Posted By: Clive Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 1:03pm
Have you reset router back to factory.
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 1:05pm
Yes I have reset router it is connecting to the internet as the weather and news channels both work and mariokart will play online but it just wont update.
Posted By: Clive Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 1:14pm
Could just be: what nintendo say:
Our servers may be busy, especially if a new update for the Wii system is available. Wait at least a couple of hours and try to download the update again. If after waiting several hours you are still receiving this error code, please call 1-800-255-3700
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 3:36pm
It's been doing it from Xmas day no new updates are due 4.3 was released in March so servers shouldn't be getting hammered and can't get hold of Nintendo
Posted By: shanks Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 4:52pm
error 32004 means it lost connection with the server during the update , basically a problem with your router needing a reboot

Is it possible you can update wii without game in machine
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 5:30pm
I've tried with game in and without game with same result I don't think its the router cos it will update the kids dsi no problem
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 5:36pm
have you got any of these games?

Donkey Kong Country Returns
FlingSmash
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Kirby's Return to Dreamland
Mario Sports Mix
PokePark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure
Samurai Warriors 3
Sin and Punishment: Star Successor
Super Mario All-Stars
Wii Party

if so turn your router off and put one of the games in as it will load the up date from the disc smile

if this doesn't work look to see next to your 4.3 if it's got a E OR U
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 5:59pm
The firmware is 4.2e and I have tried Mario sports mix with the router disconnected but it keeps saying update failed I have also formatted the Wii memory and its still doing the same
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 6:35pm
to still be on 4.2e looks like your got wiiconnect24 turned off.

1. click the wii button in the lower left

2. click wii settings

3. on your wii remote press the (+)

4. go down to wiiconnect24

5 go to wiiconnect24

6 agree to the terms

[youtube]JA7cdoC11ts[/youtube] look here for the video
Posted By: shanks Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 7:07pm
I agree with riddler that is old firmware 4.2
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 7:49pm
I have turned on Wiiconnect24 and still no joy I have formatted the wii memory and tried to update from the mario sports disk but all that happens is this [youtube]1Yoy40JsmBE[/youtube]

And when I try to update from the wii menu this is what happens [youtube]54z0pYCQx-4[/youtube]
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 8:22pm
right was this a preowned wii? it's sounds like it was softmodded then wiped to look new here's how to find out

turn wii off so only the red light is on

now press reset keeping this pressed now press power but keep reset pressed

IF A system menu comes on it as been modded frown
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 8:30pm
It has been modded is there any way this can be removed so I can update it i would have thought a factory rest would have removed this frown
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 8:55pm
yes but its high risk lots brick ( stop working)

the factory reset is only there to fool shops so it can be sold on frown

when you got it did it come with a memory card? if so put this in your pc and look for a file called (NAND)

it's not the update that is stopping the game it's the wads/iso it's running you need it to be running iso 222, 249.

sorry for the geek talk

give me a list of the games and I'll see what I can do for you wink

Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 10:31pm
I have managed to remove the softmod and update the wii so now the games will work thanks Riddler for your info to see if it was modded smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Wii error code when trying to update - 27th Dec 2011 10:37pm
anytime here to help
© Wirral-Wikiwirral