Forums
Posted By: ex0__ GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 23rd Dec 2011 10:04am
Not sure why anyone would use GoDaddy anyway since they are absolutely infamous, but it hit the news today that as a company they are supporting SOPA.

Here's domain transferral details if anyone wants to take advantage:

http://blog.jeffepstein.me/post/14629857835/a-step-by-step-guide-to-transfer-domains-out-of-godaddy

I recommend internet.bs for domain reg smile
Posted By: ex0__ Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 23rd Dec 2011 10:08am
& from reddit:

Use "NODADDY" a [Name.com] for 10% off transfer ins (COM, NET, ORG, TV, INFO, IN, US, CO, ME & TEL) and also receive 40% off any hosting plans.

HostGator [hostgator.com] is doing 50% off Shared / Reseller / VPS first month. Coupon code: NOSOPA

Name Cheap [namecheap.com] has a "special discount deal": BYEBYEGD

DreamHost [dreamhost.com] use NOTOSOPA you get your first registration free.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 23rd Dec 2011 11:32am
So, are you saying that you DO support on line piracy?

Snod
Posted By: ex0__ Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 23rd Dec 2011 12:23pm
I do but this is not my reasoning behind posting this here.

Everyone that uses the internet should be worried about this American law in its current form. It basically gives the American government rights to shut down any website they want, whether hosted in America or otherwise (without any sort of trial, I might add). It gives them the right to control the internet around the entire globe. That shit has got to be stamped out before it gets started.

http://www.circleid.com/posts/20111222_how_sopa_will_destroy_the_internet/
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 23rd Dec 2011 5:58pm
The ramifications of this will be big, its a huge stepping stone towards total monitoring and control of the internet by companies backed by the government.

Whether you support piracy or not, it will affect everyone who uses the internet. If the US government dont like it or if media corporations dont like it, its gone.

As the UK is the US's lapdog, you can bet we will have a similar control program pushed through not long after.
Posted By: MikeT Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 24th Dec 2011 8:17am
Originally Posted by ex0__
Not sure why anyone would use GoDaddy anyway since they are absolutely infamous, but it hit the news today that as a company they are supporting SOPA.

tired tired tired do try and keep up at the back there... CLICKY

Posted By: ex0__ Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 24th Dec 2011 3:23pm
Originally Posted by MikeT
tired tired tired do try and keep up at the back there... CLICKY

Do try and make an effort to make some posts that don't center around you bitching at me smile I know you've got a hard on for everything I post but you're beginning to annoy me.

If they dropped support for it I'd hesitate to guess that it's because people did remove their domains from them. Great news, and possibly this thread helped. win/win.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: GoDaddy supports SOPA.. - 16th Jan 2012 3:00pm
http://www.examiner.com/computers-in-denver/house-kills-sopa

*cheer*

Just PIPA to get shut of now.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral