Forums
Posted By: Ozzy666 Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 9:52am
The missus wants more than the usual Freeview channels for our TV, but now we have both retired Sky looks to be a bit pricey every month & we don't have cable so Virgin is not an option.

I've been considering Freesat which means paying about £400 for a dish install & connection, suitable recorder and a SD box. But then that's it with no monthly charges going on for ever.

We are not bothered about having the latest movies or sports fixtures, just a bit more variety of what we can watch.

Any info gratefully received.

Anyone on here got any views on Freesat e.g. quality of reception, reliability of signal & equipment & after sales service ?

Is is worth paying a maintenance contract ?
Posted By: tinapaula Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 10:49am
bet bet if you can get it in your area virgin media. also if it snows or rains you dont loose you picture.lol

Posted By: Clive Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 10:55am
Originally Posted by Ozzy666
The missus wants more than the usual Freeview channels for our TV, but now we have both retired Sky looks to be a bit pricey every month & we don't have cable so Virgin is not an option.

I've been considering Freesat which means paying about £400 for a dish install & connection, suitable recorder and a SD box. But then that's it with no monthly charges going on for ever.

We are not bothered about having the latest movies or sports fixtures, just a bit more variety of what we can watch.

Any info gratefully received.

Anyone on here got any views on Freesat e.g. quality of reception, reliability of signal & equipment & after sales service ?

Is is worth paying a maintenance contract ?
you can get sky freesat, cheaper than that, my dad and his wife got it cheap as they where a certain age, i will ask him and get back to you.
Posted By: FiremanFil Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 2:16pm
I have BT vision. All the freeview channels. Recording facility. Films. ESPN channel. Series recording. Unlimited internet connection from a hub. Free calls at any time. All for £35.00 a month ecluding line rental. Free box and hub. Fantastic!! Virgin are rip-off merchants. Quote you one price-charge you another much more expensive price. Go for BTvision!! (F**K me-I should get commission for this!! Merry Christmas viewing!!
Posted By: pablo42 Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 2:35pm
My mate got all the stuff from EBay. It costs around £200 and you get the films from the cinema plus all the football. Wish I could help a bit more
Posted By: tinapaula Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 3:54pm
pmsl i think fireman sam is after commission.
Posted By: davew3 Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 6:25pm
B@Q have some Freeview sat kit for about £50.00, notice they have 3 in Biddy and about 5 in E-Port, how, where, why, quality, etc I don't know.
Posted By: Millford Re: Anyone Got Freesat ? - 7th Dec 2011 8:25pm
We have had Freesat for about a year now. Living in Neston our Freeview signal wasn't very good. Freesat has solved all of our signal problems and Hd quality is great. We went for a Humax box and satellite dish with installation from Currys. Cost around £140 for the box and an additional £35 for the dish with fitting. Our box does not record however. Would recommend it.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral