Forums
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 11:36am
I am due to upgrade my mobile soon and am looking to get a 3g smartphone.
I am currently on O2 network which has been fine but I hear that their 3g coverage is not so good.

I would be interested to hear from other users as to what network they use and what the coverage is like. I live in Wallasey and would use the phone throughout Wirral, Cheshire, Liverpool, Lancashire etc.

Thanks
Posted By: reddragon Re: 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 12:43pm
Hi Brown. Although I dont use 3g for the phone I do use a dongle and I use it all over the place here in Bromborough / wales on the pc and its even been used down south on a lappy Ok Iknow your reference was to a fone but this might give you an idea
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 12:59pm
I use a 3G smartphone and I am on O2 and to be honest I have great coverage - it sometimes works better than my wireless connection to my home broadband! Me personally I wouldn't change to any other network, I am comfortable all over the UK with my phone smile hope I help!
Posted By: Duxdeluxe Re: 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 1:51pm
Had 3g on O2 for years have no problem at all, live in New Brighton but use it every where
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 6:07pm
It also depends on the phone, with a iPhone 4 in my local pub voda can't get a signal, orange and 02 can. When you go outside orange have full 3G, as does voda O2 has just the little o.

I have been with all the major providers, I have no loyalties only to whoever has the best deal.

I think that for all round service and reception orange are the best.
Posted By: Brown_Horrocks Re: 3g coverage? - 1st Dec 2011 11:41pm
Thanks for the info,

Looks like I am safe to stick with o2, had problems in the past with T mobile but I believe they now have some sort of tie-up with Orange (also used Orange before - they seemed ok for coverage)
Posted By: Digital_twiddler Re: 3g coverage? - 6th Dec 2011 10:46pm
O2 has good nationwide coverage-I had a T-mobile and couldn't use in Scotland or the Isle of mann. I use O2 and 3 locally(merseyside) without any problems. The 3 package is the rolling £25/month pay as you go..2000mins 5000txts all you can eat data....
© Wirral-Wikiwirral