Forums
Posted By: Tilly iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 1:17am
My iphone 3G switched it'self off about an hour ago. I plugged it in to charge it, (even though i had a half full battery when it went off) now it wont come back on frown... it has a battery image on the screen with a red band but nothing is happening HELP!!!! I have tried several chargers that i know work ok so it's not the charger.
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 2:30am
It's not charging properly, give the charging socket a quick clean out, soft brush or toothbrush should do it, see if that works.

If it doesn't try putting the phone in Restore mode (power button and home button, hold both for 10 seconds the let go of power keeping hold of home, after five seconds plug USB lead in to computer with iTunes on it keeping hold of home button), this should let the iTunes software sort out any issues.

DO NOT do this if you have jail broken your phone, as you could quite easily end up with a nice brick if you update the software, if you HAVE jail broken it you can use the Restore method but DO NOT click on Upgrade Software.

If this doesn't make sense give me a pm in the morning and I'll have a look when I get back.
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 2:40pm
My 3GS has done the same exempt mine comes on for five minutes then re boots, I took it to a shop to get looked at but he opened it and no damage has been done so he is going to "flash" which resets everything and hopefully this should fix it. If this works then it's going to cost £15.

I'll let you know about 5 o'clock if it's fixed it
Posted By: Tilly Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 2:47pm
Thanks KevWill....I wish mine would come on but it doesn't :-(
what does 'JAIL BROKEN' mean??
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 5:04pm
I just got it back and it's fixed....woo hoo.

He "flashed" it which means he wiped everything off the phone and restored it to factory settings. I'm just restoring it via iTunes so all my numbers and aps get put back on.

It was £15 a place called Starlight in Birkenhead market, their number is 0151-647-9399. I went to a few places before him and they had no idea what was up with it but they could fix it for £60 in four days.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Posted By: Tilly Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 6:36pm
Thats a great price thanks for the reply and phone number.

I doubt if it can be fixed tho because mine wont even switch on and i've done everything the Dr post suggested frown
it's just DEAD cry
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 6:45pm
They don't charge if they can't fix it so you have nothing to lose, good luck.
Posted By: lau2908 Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 7:14pm
are you sure your putting it into dfu mode correctly? what happens when you try?
Posted By: Tilly Re: iphone help!! - 30th Nov 2011 9:04pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
are you sure your putting it into dfu mode correctly? what happens when you try?

Nothing happens. think
Posted By: TheDr Re: iphone help!! - 1st Dec 2011 1:23am
Hi, you should just need it flashing, if you can't do it just bring it into mine and we'll do it for, if you want to use the place someone else has recommended (and pay them £15) then that's not a problem but everyone who uses an iPod/iTunes/iPhone should know, or be shown, how to drop the phone into restore mode, we do it about 3-4 times a day (donations to the tea float to say thanks always nice smile )

Once you've done this it should sort it out, then all you have to do then is use the backup on your iTunes at home to put everything back on.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iphone help!! - 1st Dec 2011 12:31pm
Originally Posted by KevWill
I just got it back and it's fixed....woo hoo.

He "flashed" it which means he wiped everything off the phone and restored it to factory settings. I'm just restoring it via iTunes so all my numbers and aps get put back on.

It was £15 a place called Starlight in Birkenhead market, their number is 0151-647-9399. I went to a few places before him and they had no idea what was up with it but they could fix it for £60 in four days.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

omg omg £15 you have been robbed, anyone can do what they have done for you. £60 from the other place and 4 days to do lmao raftl they seen you comeing mate..
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 3:23pm
I only spent £15 on getting it flashed, I dont't know how or what flashing is so £15 is money well spent in my opinion.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 3:46pm
Fair enough' as long as your happy that's the main thing thumbsup
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 3:56pm
no smack
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 4:20pm
What's that all about Ste?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 5:23pm
Posted By: KevWill Re: iphone help!! - 2nd Dec 2011 7:12pm
Okay, edit if you want to.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral