Forums
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash My poor laptop :( - 25th Nov 2011 11:27pm
I'm going to be rubbish trying to explain this! You know the top of the laptop, like the lid, behind the screen? Well by the hinge part where it opens there were a few cracks a couple of months ago. Now with opening and closing it both sides have separated from the screen. If I shut it these two bits of the lid just stick up, which isn't too bad but when it's open they push into the screen, separating the screen right down the side of the lid.

So can you get a new lid or is there any way to fix it? Preferably without taking it to a shop as I've not had much luck with them!
Posted By: DJ_Karl_David Re: My poor laptop :( - 25th Nov 2011 11:37pm
Your best bet would be to buy a broken one for spares or repair and just swap the lids over
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: My poor laptop :( - 25th Nov 2011 11:49pm
Is it easy enough to swap them for a very clumsy and clueless girl?
Posted By: yewgarth Re: My poor laptop :( - 25th Nov 2011 11:52pm
quite easy, i'm sure the Dr will have a look at it for you, he's quite good like that.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: My poor laptop :( - 25th Nov 2011 11:59pm
Excellentay, thanks you both thumbsup
Posted By: Nomad Re: My poor laptop :( - 26th Nov 2011 12:18am
some laptop have had this problem, mainly hp ones. the hinge is close to the fan so heats up the plastic and hence leads to failure

Google your laptop make and problem

in the states they did fix problem ( only fitted new cover) but ignored the uk unless you give them stress

Nomad
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: My poor laptop :( - 26th Nov 2011 12:50am
Oo I'll have a look, thanks! Quite interesting that! To be fair to it it is two years old, has had the lid slammed shut, knocked off a couch, almost stood on/kicked by an idiot etc etc etc so it has done me proud so far tease
Posted By: Nomad Re: My poor laptop :( - 26th Nov 2011 1:01am
no problem, lol when it comes to warranty, product recall etc, do not mention what you said lol. Easy to sort but no resale value there after
Posted By: TheDr Re: My poor laptop :( - 26th Nov 2011 4:41am
If you can send me the make/model of the laptop I'll see if I've got/can get a lid for you.

Just be careful opening and closing it now, the hinges do screw into this and it offers some support to the screen, so you could quite easily snap one of the side arms now or even crack the screen.
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: My poor laptop :( - 28th Nov 2011 3:28pm
Thanks you all but I just got a new one instead, haha, thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: My poor laptop :( - 28th Nov 2011 4:36pm
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
has had the lid slammed shut

I thought we'd never speak of this again tease
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: My poor laptop :( - 28th Nov 2011 6:29pm
Originally Posted by Bonzo
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
has had the lid slammed shut

I thought we'd never speak of this again tease

Hahaha grin I was just pointing out that it's been quite a trooper! tease
© Wirral-Wikiwirral