Forums
Posted By: exnewbrightonite I Pad 2 - 13th Nov 2011 10:01pm
I am thinking of buying a IPad 2, can anyone tell me if I need to take any subscriptions out for 3G or WiFi?
Sorry if this seems stupid, but I am a complete dummy as regards these things.( and most other things)
Posted By: TheDr Re: I Pad 2 - 13th Nov 2011 10:50pm
If you just get the WiFi one then no, you just use your home wireless connection or any of the free/open ones that there are around (McDonalds, Wetherspoons etc)

If you get the 3G type, and you want the 3G connectivity, then you need a sim card with data access on it. A lot of people like the GiffGaff deal but it depends how you intend to use it.
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: I Pad 2 - 14th Nov 2011 8:12am
I have only wifi version as the 3g contracts are extortianate
Posted By: AX_125 Re: I Pad 2 - 14th Nov 2011 8:35am
Just get a WIFI version and if you need 3g just connect it to your phone (providing your phone allows wireless tethering.
Posted By: Nigel Re: I Pad 2 - 14th Nov 2011 8:35am
I have an Ipad 2- 32GB on a 2year contract with 3 I put £250 down and £25 month. 15GB data per month.
Posted By: exnewbrightonite Re: I Pad 2 - 14th Nov 2011 9:39am
OK many thanks you guys, now just got to make my mind up as to which version I want or need
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: I Pad 2 - 14th Nov 2011 8:18pm
If you have an iPhone or a decent android just use tethering to get online it's very easy and will save you a fortune.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I Pad 2 - 16th Nov 2011 12:23pm
Yesterday i got a 32g iPad 2 am loving it, has anyone jailbreak there's, is it just like the iPhone to do. What apps do you use? Any other info would be great thanks;)
Posted By: Nigel Re: I Pad 2 - 16th Nov 2011 1:37pm
Originally Posted by Frog_Eyes
Yesterday i got a 32g iPad 2 am loving it, has anyone jailbreak there's, is it just like the iPhone to do. What apps do you use? Any other info would be great thanks;)

Frog Eyes, - Welcome as my successor on this forum.
I just use the apps from the app store they vary from 69p to about £30.00 you have to open an account on the App store.
if you want to send me a PM with your number ile talk you though your questons.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: I Pad 2 - 16th Nov 2011 2:08pm
Thanks bud wink

Sorry I have already got an account with Apple as I have the iPhone 4. Just wanted to know if it's the same as iPhone to jailbreak, and what apps peeps use..

Thanks a lot bud thumbsup
© Wirral-Wikiwirral