Forums
Posted By: ex0__ Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:42am
Anyone else getting it?

Stealth based archer here on PC.
Posted By: Lord_of_the_M53 Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:44am
hey ex0, seen advert for it last night looked good is it the latest in a series of games?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:46am
Ya dude, it's Elder Scrolls 5.

ES4 was Oblivion, 3 was Morrowind. The first 2 aren't as famous but for RPG gamers Oblivion and Morrowind are 2 of the most well known.
Posted By: Lord_of_the_M53 Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:51am
take it they are good? getting bit bored of COD
Posted By: Snickas Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:52am
Yeah, Matt (my aspie's son) is a huge elder scrolls fan...I have no doubt he'll be nagging me for it [Linked Image]

I keep trying to tell him i need games for christmas presents but he doesn't have any patience and his anxieties for a game has everyone [Linked Image] so no doubt i'll relent and give in [Linked Image]
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 8:55am
It looks amazing and i'll be getting it before cod smile
Posted By: Lord_of_the_M53 Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 9:09am
might go order it online......
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 9:28am
Youtube some gameplay videos first to see if you'll like it. It's based in a mythical world so the weaponry is swords/boards/bows/magic. The game is about exploration and lore/questing.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 9:33am
did you ever play Balders Gate ex0?

that was an old PS2 game but it was good.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 9:52am
It was an old PC game actually, and yeah I did play it. It was actually the first game I got on release day back in 1998.

I've done pretty much all the old CRPG's that exist, my favorite being Planescape Torment.
Posted By: Snickas Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 10:00am
I actually remember it being a PC game funnily enough. We were made up when it was released on the PS2.
We spent silly time building up the swords! lol Thats what I remember most.

We love the dungeon types games here, with the human, dwarf, magicians, etc

didn't do Planescape Torment.

we're anticipating anxiously for the Skyward Sword.
Posted By: Lord_of_the_M53 Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 10:09am
Originally Posted by ex0__
Youtube some gameplay videos first to see if you'll like it. It's based in a mythical world so the weaponry is swords/boards/bows/magic. The game is about exploration and lore/questing.

sounds like a normal day in british gas lol
Posted By: Snickas Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 10:13am
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 10:20am
Snickas done Icewind Dale 1&2 and Neverwinter Nights 1&2?

Those were all as good as BG 1&2.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 11:06am
Looks amazing omg

[youtube]bH1GUi8rNQk[/youtube]
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 11:29am
omfg, 6:03. That giant FUCKS HIM UP laugh
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 11:51am
nice one . i think ive just found something for the long winter nights
Posted By: Shambo Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 12:56pm
I'm going to wait a bit before buying this one. I don't like buying games for top dollar, but mainly I want to wait until the hype has died down.
I loved GTA3 and when GTA4 was released all the early reviews talked it up as the greatest game ever. A couple of months later, I and many others found it quite humourless and repetitive and not nearly as fun as the earlier game.
I'm getting that same feeling as before, I really enjoyed Oblivion, bugs not withstanding, and now want to try the new game, but with so much hype for it to live upto, it might be an expensive mistake to buy today.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 11th Nov 2011 3:39pm
Make sure to download the child kill mod if you're on PC and want to play a realistic evil char. Sucks that Bethesda put stupid restrictions on what npcs can die.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 8:54am
reports of lagging on the ps3 http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111111/skyrim-lag-on-ps3/

and texture problems on Xbox 360 http://www.inentertainment.co.uk/20111111/users-confirm-skyrim-texture-problems-on-xbox-360/
Posted By: Snickas Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 9:25am
all night, all I've heard is "dragons, mother....dragons" [Linked Image]
no other word muttered, at all...and if i hear "draaagoonnns mother...dragons" one more time, I'm gonna [Linked Image]

I dunno why he expects me to be impressed that you can kill dragons in the game [Linked Image] he can see I'm reading a book about Saphira and Eragon and he expects me to be impressed you can slaughter dragons in Skyrim [Linked Image]

BUT I watched the clip just now and even I have to say, the improvements I could see, graphic wise, are outstanding! am well impressed of the running through the forest scene....

ok theres bound to be some lagging teething probs with it, did you not see how severe the lag was an the older games?!
If Matt could still play them and not smash up his bedroom through severe frustration....

Sorry ex0 I didn't see your questions til now...I haven't heard of the games, but its been a few years now, since i was seriously into gaming, when Matt got to the stage of where he wasn't having huge meltdowns out of sheer frustration with games, I backed off.
He probably has them somewhere on his shelves...hes got 1000's.

I just need the strength to get through another day of "dragons mother...dragons"
[Linked Image]
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 6:10pm
No faults/texture problems/lagging on pc.

Playing with everything on ultra and I'm like 20 hours into it, absolutely fantastic.
Posted By: Nomad Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 6:37pm
looks like a great game, just watch the demo on PCgamer, since I like games like gothic this ticks all the boxes for me.

Its on the list now, which is getting longer lol

Nomad
Posted By: Necronuss Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 6:39pm
Amazing game indeed, ultra here and smooth as

Just to many good games out and not enough time to play them
Posted By: little_pob Re: Skyrim - 12th Nov 2011 7:28pm
Couldn't get into Oblivion. Since then I have played, and enjoyed, Fallout 3 and FO: New Vegas.

TESV: Skyrim turned up today. It's only been installed for 5 hours, and I've racked up over 3 hours game play already...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral