Forums
Posted By: johncon speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 8:16pm
Hi guys i have just bought a Tecknika tv from tesco did not pay a lot for it but sound is crap ie speaker vibration have played around with all sound settings without any joy question is.
if i buy a home movie/sound system to add to it does this disable the speakers built in to the tv at the moment
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 8:22pm
Why not take it back and get it replaced, it shouldn't sound like that.
Posted By: johncon Re: speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 8:28pm
it was only £200 cant see them saying they will just change it made up with it otherwise and old telly has gone to tip so cant be bothered if i can sort it
Posted By: Softy_Southerner Re: speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 8:32pm
I've got a Tesco telly - sometime the sound buzzes a bit if the scart lead needs pushing back in.
Posted By: johncon Re: speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 9:09pm
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
I've got a Tesco telly - sometime the sound buzzes a bit if the scart lead needs pushing back in.
might be just me but since checked scart lead it seems ok thanks watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: jenscho Re: speaker vibration - 1st Nov 2011 11:54pm
JUST £200??!! JUST?! Take it back if you're not happy, they will swap it for you!!
Posted By: rhoobarb2002 Re: speaker vibration - 2nd Nov 2011 12:22am
If you still get problems...........

Apart from 'take it back', no it doesnt. What you would have is a amp/speaker system that operates independently to the TV speakers. The issue being that costs can widely vary from say £20 to £1000's, but you do get what you pay for, you just need to think what you would like.

What you need to think is
-Budget?
-Did you want just stereo or did you want surround, 5.1, 7.1, etc?
-Speaker size, how big?
-Space, Do you have space for them?
-Power, do you want something meaty?
-Other equipment, what are you going to connect to it if anything?
-New or second hand, lower spec and new vs higher spec and older.

It really does depend on how you want it set up. I got mine set up really cheaply, but it took me a while to hunt the good deals
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: speaker vibration - 2nd Nov 2011 8:38am
Originally Posted by johncon
Hi guys i have just bought a Tecknika tv from tesco did not pay a lot for it but sound is crap ie speaker vibration have played around with all sound settings without any joy question is.
if i buy a home movie/sound system to add to it does this disable the speakers built in to the tv at the moment

Really don't mean nothing nasty by this mate but I warned someone on here the other day not to buy shite.
People need to start listening, it's only £200 for a reason.

You take that back and put the money towards a toshiba or Sony, you swap it for another crappy throw away one and it will still vibrate.

Oh and in answer to your question you should be able to choose to turn tv sound off or have dual stereo (tv sound on also).
Posted By: little_pob Re: speaker vibration - 2nd Nov 2011 3:52pm
Most built-in TV speakers will get to a point were they start to distort. Generally the more you pay the louder you can have the TV before the distortion becomes apparent to most people (i.e. non-autophiles). TV speakers that vibrate at "normal" levels are either faulty on delivery or faulty by design, either way you shouldn't have to buy a sound system just to be able to watch the TV.
Posted By: Elizabeth Re: speaker vibration - 3rd Nov 2011 3:39am
I bought a cheap 48" Vizio telly from Walmart and was so disappointed with the sound quality, it was very tinny and no matter how much I fiddled with the sound settings/bass etc nothing changed. I rang the helpline and they said "take it back for another one, it must be faulty". Anyway the replacement telly was just as bad. According to a knowledgeable source, TV manufacturers now are not as concerned with sound quality but more with picture quality, hence the poor sound. I didn't want to buy a big sound system because by then it wouldn't have been a bargain so in the end we got a subwoofer and speakers normally used for a computer and plugged that into the back of the telly. The sound is really good now and I don't have some big-assed sound system taking up loads of space.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: speaker vibration - 3rd Nov 2011 3:58am
Hey good point Elzabeth , Panasonic is a brill make i got the 50 inch Hd one and had no problems so far
Posted By: TheComputerLab Re: speaker vibration - 3rd Nov 2011 10:17am
For another 100 you can probably get something from richer sounds.

If you don't want to do that I know someone that has an amp for sale, it's a good one, think its a Yamaha has 5.1 and all the gubbins. You will just need to add speakers.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: speaker vibration - 3rd Nov 2011 11:02am
Originally Posted by Tombraider
Hey good point Elzabeth , Panasonic is a brill make i got the 50 inch Hd one and had no problems so far

A girl that knows quality eh? wink

Top make Panasonic.

I wouldn`t rate their hi-fis though shifty
Posted By: bradturk Re: speaker vibration - 3rd Nov 2011 3:47pm
if you buy a surrond sound system you can turn the volume right down on your TV so you wont get the vibration,
© Wirral-Wikiwirral