Forums
Posted By: Littlebear IPhone Contract? - 14th Oct 2011 8:24pm
Looking to get a new IPhone. I've had the same phone for years, and years, and need to upgrade as it's seriously on it's way out! I'd use it for a good few years and have faith in Apple build quality! smile

I have no idea what tariffs or cost upfront you have to pay, and I'm not too bothered about 4 or 4S, can anyone point me in the right direction. I don't make a lot of calls, and send about 5 texts a day.
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: IPhone Contract? - 14th Oct 2011 9:07pm
www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/cheap-iphone
Posted By: Lisk090 Re: IPhone Contract? - 15th Oct 2011 7:47pm
Ive had every Iphone since they come out.
The Iphone 4 is poor. Great phone but when you wanna make a call it lets you down ( always when you need it most )
Ive just bought a HTC and it is fantastic. I am now free from the grip apple imposes on its customers.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: IPhone Contract? - 15th Oct 2011 7:53pm
Originally Posted by Lisk090
Ive had every Iphone since they come out.
The Iphone 4 is poor. Great phone but when you wanna make a call it lets you down ( always when you need it most )

Correction, that was due to your service provider.
I've never had a problem making calls and I know plenty of others that haven't either.
I had an old iPhone, 2G? That was a good phone until I destroyed it in work but also I had no problems with that.
Posted By: AX_125 Re: IPhone Contract? - 15th Oct 2011 8:00pm
Iphone costs alot of money for very light usage like that. If it is a touch screen smart phoneyou are after Personally I would be looking at android powered devices. You can get the amazing samsung galaxy s 2 for less than 25 per month. You get everything that the iphone has for a fraction of the price and without any of the barriers imposed by the apple ecosystem. Alot of the charged apps on iphone are free on android
Posted By: TheDr Re: IPhone Contract? - 15th Oct 2011 8:14pm
I was in the Orange shop at the Pyramids yesterday, they have the iPhone 3GS 8GB on contract for £15 month

I thought that that sounded VERY cheap, it seems that they are clearing these now that the 4S is out.
Posted By: ChrisJ Re: IPhone Contract? - 16th Oct 2011 12:11am
Originally Posted by Lisk090
Ive got a HTC and it is fantastic. I am now free from the grip apple imposes on its customers.

I wanted to upgrade to a smart phone about 6 months ago I was originally going to get a I Phone but first I looked around and decided to get the HTC Desire HD it was a good choice reall y pleased with it you can change your storage for a bigger card I currently have a 8Gb card and I you can go up to 32 Gb.
On my 8gb I have 100's of mp3 and several Horror/Sci-Fi Public Domain Files from here Public Domain Films useful for long train trips....
Posted By: lau2908 Re: IPhone Contract? - 16th Oct 2011 2:20pm
Ive had all the iphones an the iphone 4 i have never had a problem calling out whatsoever. Ive had htc phones and they just dont cut it for me personally, If you plan to jailbreak your iphone then all the apps are free anyway
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: IPhone Contract? - 16th Oct 2011 2:48pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
Ive had all the iphones an the iphone 4 i have never had a problem calling out whatsoever. Ive had htc phones and they just dont cut it for me personally, If you plan to jailbreak your iphone then all the apps are free anyway

withthat
© Wirral-Wikiwirral