Forums
Posted By: Clive Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 12:15pm
If its an easy fix, i might buy it, thanks

http://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/spares-iphone-3g/89746662
Posted By: ck666 Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 12:19pm
just needs plugging into itunes and updating smile
Posted By: Clive Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 12:22pm
So, they might of done this, to hide the fact it has no service, and has been blocked, it's an expensive gamble, if its stolen or block for none payment.
Posted By: DeanoBirko Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 12:29pm
Both answers could be right. could be a case of updating but could be IMEI blocked, which means its useless.
Posted By: IanPenny Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 3:34pm
I think its a bit to early in the OS stage to be an IMEI block, i would expect the phone to turn on but not be able to connect to the carrier. but as stated by Willo, If the phone was stolen and the user wiped the phone with mobileMe, this is the screen that comes up and can only be cleared connecting it to the phones original library.
Posted By: AndyW Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 14th Oct 2011 6:04pm
i have got exactly the same problem with my iphone since a couple of weeks ago, the problem seemed to have started after i dropped it about 1ft, it started by saying searching for signal etc then emergency calls only in all different languages then keeps restarting itself and only going as far as the apple screen before restarting and then the same screen as what is in that gumtree listing connect to itunes and after restoring it maybe 10 times its still not working, sometimes it would be normal for a couple of hours but keeps going back to that screen, also started getting an error 1013 when doing the restore but dont recall seeing it the other day when i done it, so if anyone knows were i could get this problem fixed i would be most grateful, my warrenty only expired a couple of weeks ago (sods law).
Posted By: lau2908 Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 15th Oct 2011 12:39pm
put it into dfu mode and try restoring it through redsn0w, what firmware is it on?
Posted By: Clive Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 15th Oct 2011 12:53pm
Originally Posted by lau2908
put it into dfu mode and try restoring it through redsn0w, what firmware is it on?
i havent bought it, was just a query, i was going to buy it, but the risk of it being blocked put me off
Posted By: Wheels Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 15th Oct 2011 1:00pm
you have to be very careful buying phones these days mate so I wouldnt take the risk. PS I have a decent one FS wink
Posted By: Clive Re: Any ideas on what might be wrong with this - 15th Oct 2011 1:04pm
i was going to buy the one on gumtree, to sell for profit on ebay. Could not afford your one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral