Forums
Posted By: 2005wireman Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:11am
Hi am having problems with my lap top.It will not let me conect to the internet.I try contecting at my place of home and also at my parents.But it not letting me on. A friend told me it could be a card that inside the lap top.Ive only had the lap top for 8 months.Wondering will i be intitle to a free repair....bought it from comet.

With Thanks Dave.
Posted By: stuiecool Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:17am
Most laptops have a wireless button on them somewhere and an indicator light showing if teh wireless is on or off. This usually looks like an antenna. Just double check that the wireless is turned on before you start seeking help on parts.
Posted By: Embu81 Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:19am
you may have disabled the wireless function on the laptop. Try pressing the button with the picture of the radio tower and then try connecting again. If that doesn't work then comet should repair it for free.
Posted By: PhilyMc Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:21am
Have you recently ran a window update windows 7 seems to have problems with laptop cards when certain up[dates are applied. You could try a recovery
Posted By: 2005wireman Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:24am
Ive try all them but no luck am afraid
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 10:58am
Is this internal wireless or a PCMCIA card? Do you get the wireless notification in the taskbar saying that you're not connected to anywhere? When you right click it and connect to network, does it display any networks in the local area?

Also, what's the laptop manufacturer and model?
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Wifi - 6th Oct 2011 11:04am
sorry, double post. stupid internet.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral