Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 9:45am
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Whatever you do DON`T download an app called ICEY, it`s an alternative to cydia but it bricks your phone.

My phone was bricked by it last night, in the middle of fixing it now but i gotta update it to 4.3.5 firmware or apple refuse to restore it! frown

So now i gotta update and jailbreak using RedSnow.
What a bummer, more guttered over my tiny tower game frown Gonna have to start all over again now frown lol
Posted By: TheDr Re: iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 10:02am
ICY was discontinued back in 2009, but they did release the source code, so it's possible that someone has tried to make a new version for the iPhone4, and by the sounds of it, failed.
Posted By: Wheels Re: iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 10:28am
Installus is best I reckon. Gutted tho .
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 10:29am
Originally Posted by TheDr
ICY was discontinued back in 2009, but they did release the source code, so it's possible that someone has tried to make a new version for the iPhone4, and by the sounds of it, failed.

It`s in BETA at the moment doc, the full version is due to be released next month.

I`ve had another look and it turns out it`s only useable upto firmware 4.3.3, so my bad smack

Mine was on 4.3.4 Doohhh!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 10:31am
Originally Posted by Wheels
Installus is best I reckon. Gutted tho .

Me too buddy but there are things on cydia which you cannot get anywhere else.

I always use installous for everything else.

Appcake+ is crap thumbsdown
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: iPhone 4 App Warning - 22nd Sep 2011 10:36am
smack mad

Lost all my contacts and messages Grrrr.
cancel that, sorted it grin

Oh well, least i got rid of all the crap i could`nt get rid of, ie: i had lots of dead rescources in cydia which i couldn`t figure out how to get rid of.

Phones like new again now, that will teach me to faf around, lol blush
© Wirral-Wikiwirral