Forums
Posted By: chris7777 Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:16pm
anyone tried a sim card called Giffgaff? it is run on the O2 network and supposed to be cheaper. i sent for one for free,i don't want to put any money on it yet cos i don't know if it works! i was wondering if anyone else is on it and what do you think about it? is it to good to be true?
i have a Rio phone locked to orange,anyone know how to unlock these? will i have to pay for it to be unlocked? this giffgaff sim has to go into an unlocked phone.
thanks for any help,
chris.
Posted By: Clive Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:25pm
pm thedr about unlocking
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbthreads.php/users/3287/TheDr.html
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:38pm
Thanks Willo, have PMd.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:48pm
I've got giffgaff, its great for me because it only costs £10 every 3 months.

If you top up by £10 you get free texts AND calls to all other giffgaff users. To get this you don't need to buy any goody bags.

Internet is 20p per day, max 20mb so highly recommend using Opera browser to reduce your bandwidth. Beware that it is 20p per mb above 20mb, so if high user it might pay to buy a goodybag.

Other calls just about to go up from 8p per min to 10p

Other texts about to go up from 4p to 6p.

I find that goodybags aren't worth buying for my usage, but as I have credit in my account all the time, I could buy a goodybag if needed.

When you top up by your initial £10, you get £5 thrown at you free as well.

Main trick as you can see from above is to get all your friends and family on giffgaff as well (I think you get £5 per referral as well).

O2 network as you say, not brilliant but generally usable although I don't use it for internet as yet so can't vouch for that.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:57pm
I've had GiffGaff for well over a year and I can't fault them. I do buy a £10 goodybag every month and for that I get 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. There is also a link on the site to help you unlock your phone.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:57pm
thanks for that diggindeeper, just have to find out how to unlock my rio so i can try it!
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 12:59pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
I've had GiffGaff for well over a year and I can't fault them. I do buy a £10 goodybag every month and for that I get 250 mins, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. There is also a link on the site to help you unlock your phone.

ok, will have a look.
Posted By: Tombraider Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 1:47pm
Giff Gaff is really good i recommend it! Chris7777
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 2:25pm
managed to get the sim going on my phone--i've unlocked it! worked 1st time!
thanks everyone for your help, just have to put some credit on it, just one more question, what is the No to dial for finding out what credit you have?
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 3:03pm
On your handset:

- Simply key *100# and hit send
- To check your goodybag balance key *100*7#

Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 3:05pm
*100#

*100*7# for goodybag minutes balance
*100*5# for goodybag text balance
Posted By: cathie Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 5:46pm
Sounds like it could be suitable for my lad, where did you get the sim card from?
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 6:12pm
Originally Posted by chris7777
what is the No to dial for finding out what credit you have?
It should have put it in your contact lists under gg....
Posted By: LisaW Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 6:12pm
Anyone that's a Giff Gaff member can refer you Cathie. That way you get a free sim card with £5 credit on.

I won't paste my referall link but if you go to the Giff Gaff website, you can request a free sim there.

I've been with them for about 5 months now and can't fault them.

I have the £20 goody bag which is 800 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited internet. The free £5 i got when i joined, i used for covering the cost of picture messages etc.

Re viewing balances etc, i have an iphone and there's a free app for Giff Gaff that shows your balance/remaining allowance
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 6:26pm
payback is good I'm on £300 should be about £500 around xmas
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 8:48pm
There is an app for Android too.
Posted By: chris7777 Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 13th Sep 2011 9:12pm
Originally Posted by cathie
Sounds like it could be suitable for my lad, where did you get the sim card from?

go to giffgaff site and they are free.
Posted By: little_pob Re: Anyone tried - GiffGaff - 14th Sep 2011 12:55pm
Originally Posted by chris7777
Originally Posted by cathie

go to giffgaff site and they are free.
Also, if you are a member of one of the cashback websites (topcashback, quidco etc) check to see if they have a referal link...
© Wirral-Wikiwirral