Forums
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 8:53am
Right, this phone is going to get launched if I dont get help asap. I rang Samsung and they told me i had to go over to Liverpool to get this sorted.

The above model is an Android smartphone from Carphone Warehouse. It does everything perfectly fine - apart from call. Every single time I go to ring someone - the screen goes immediately black and I can't get it on again no matter what button I press. Hence if they don't answer it's the whole take the battery out the back and re-start. If they answer - they hang up and then 2 minutes after the call the screen comes back on. Can anyone help me with this - because it is driving me bonkers??????

Oh and to those who had my number - you need to text me so I have your number...I did a factory reset and deleted everyone, haha....sorry frown
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 8:59am
may be worth while doing a firmware upgrade, install samsung kies, connect phone to pc, then see if an upgrade is available
Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 9:01am
i have no idea how i would go about doing that but ok...thank you smile
Posted By: Clive Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 9:04am
take it to carphone warehouse in liscard, tell them it has a firmware issue, they will send it of to samsung service centre, and they will repair it free of charge, and send it back with the latest firmware on it, if you take it today, you will get it back bt wednesday next week.

Posted By: Spritey_Nikki Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 9:06am
i dont know if i could go that long without my phone though frown
Posted By: Clive Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 9:08am
Or try this, download kies from Here connect your phone after its installed and run kies, and after 1 min it will come up if there is a update
Posted By: Garygadge Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 9:08am
its really not difficult to do it your self in samsung kies, assuming it says there is an upgrade available, or you may just be able to do a repair on the firmware you have
Posted By: davew3 Re: Samsung GT-5800 - 8th Sep 2011 12:32pm
I have an Orange San Francisco which did that but also on calling out as well, I found out by playing with it, the problem was the screensaver for the phone part coming on early, I changed the saver timing and it works great, if it's under a year it's under warranty so you should be ok taking it to where you bought it, it's their problem to sort it for you.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral