Forums
Posted By: Snodvan PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 6:55pm
I have a PowerPoint presentation consisting of a number of slides that autoplay in sequence. In an ideal world I would like to burn that on a disk that will play the slide show on a normal DVD player connected to a TV

IS THAT POSSIBLE?

How? Do I need to burn the file in some special format?

It is not easy for me to practice/ test this because my (expensive) DVD player is a right pain and will refuse to play anything except regular commercial DVDs (thank you Samsung!!). However, I know the cheapie ASDA player that will be used for the presentation I want to show will play just about any type of disk

Snod
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 7:02pm
From a quick google, PowerPoint 2010 can save presentations as a movie then you just burn that onto a DVD - http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00156.htm. Don't know if that helps?
Posted By: Snodvan Re: PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 7:17pm
VERY interesting. Thank you kind Sir.

This will stretch the old grey cells a bit but I do have access to Office 2010 (although normally 'only' have Office 2007 loaded on the machine) so in principle I have the means to try this

Snod
Posted By: GrandMasterFlash Re: PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 7:19pm
I think the link in my first comment was about 2007 actually! But just mentioned 2010. I've still got 2003 so mine's completely different again tease
Posted By: TheDr Re: PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 7:24pm
If you get stuck I have 2010, just send me the file and I'll convert it for you.
Posted By: Snodvan Re: PowerPoint presentation on DVD - 6th Sep 2011 7:26pm
What a wonderful world is Wiki

Thanks folks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral