Forums
Posted By: DavidB PC errors - 11th Aug 2011 5:39pm
recently attached a hard drive cable (only cable sharing two hard drives) put it all back together and there was nothing to the monitor. I had problems like this a couple of months ago, but it cured itself somehow.
ive messed around and the best I can get is a load of corruption on the screen
the pc 'boots' up 1 out of 5 times, it beeps a load, but mostly it just doesn't work.
it beeps on startup now and then - about five or so beeps
does anyone know what might be up?

sorry about crappy wording, using mobile phone
Posted By: SilentReader Re: PC errors - 11th Aug 2011 6:16pm
Depending on your bios this might help http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm the beeps could be key to the system failure.
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: PC errors - 11th Aug 2011 6:26pm
Take any memory out and put it back in - likewise any expansion cards. Connections cause the majority of computer faults.
Posted By: DavidB Re: PC errors - 12th Aug 2011 7:12pm
it's the graphics card dd i just unplugged carious bits to see what was going on

ive put everything as was and im getting a load of crap on the screen through the gfx card
i use the onboard svga port with the same monitor, nothing appears
i use my mate's computer through the oboard SVGA port - nothing appears on the monitor i use his laptop - something appears instantly
my monitor has hdmi and svga socket, the hdmi on the nvidia graphics cars is corrupt but the obnoard graphics doesn't appear at all 9ive looked in the bios).
the other machine doesn't appear at all - but it did once and then on reboot it didnt

wtf is going on
anymore trouble and it's going out the window i hate pcs
Posted By: DavidB Re: PC errors - 12th Aug 2011 7:17pm
removed the old knackered card it seemns qi work onboard without it installed
© Wirral-Wikiwirral