Forums
Posted By: Snickas Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 2:59pm
I got a Dell Inspiron mini 10 for my autistic son to use about 1 & 1/2 yrs ago (just so he could scour wikipeadia when he can't sleep). We'd only had it about 3mths when he dropped it [Linked Image]

It goes to boot up but then doesn't even go onto the log in screen [Linked Image]
I've tried using the Dell site to try and figure out whats wrong with it, but i'm at a loss [Linked Image]
Its been sitting in my bedroom for the last year or so because its hard to grab 5mins trying to get something sorted out properly (trying to find someone localish or someone who wouldn't rip us off, getting somewhere, etc) [Linked Image]

Hes starting at Wirral Met in Sept and he could really do with it being fixed as he can't write very well and ideally i could do with getting it fixed, if someone could possibly point me in the way of someone who's a techy genuis, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you smile
Posted By: dannysayer Re: Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 3:09pm
Does it come up with a error?

What does it get stuck at?
Posted By: brady Re: Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 3:12pm
It could be the hard drive, if its had a fall 9 times out of 10 the hard drive takes the knock...or could have dislodged the memory...cant see it being the motherboard...deffo think its hard drive related though.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 3:13pm
I don't mind taking a look at it for you, for free of course.

smile
Posted By: Snickas Re: Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 4:19pm
thank you Matt, have pm'd you back smile

It doesn't even get boot up windows at all to come up with error message! You switch it on, its goes to boot up, comes up with that rainbow windows bar and then stops! I can't even get onto the where i put in the password to boot the whole thing up.

thank you everyone.
Posted By: phk68bay Re: Broken Dell Inspiron Mini 10 - 31st Jul 2011 8:23pm
can you not get onto the F2 bios screen, as it boots up press an hold (cant remember if its F2 or F12 or F8 its one of those) see if you can get on that. If Matt cant fix it try the computer shop in mill lane wallasey. (Computer surgery) hes pretty good fixed a few of mine and has never ripped me off! x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral