Forums
Posted By: Clive SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 8:00am
I have a Epson sx515w wireless printer, and have set up a wireless network between 2 pc's, laptop running win7 and desktop running xp pro, and I have connected printer wireless to router, I can share the printer no problem also the wired printer on xp pc.
If I plug a sd card in to the wireless printer, I can access all the files on the card from both pc's, how ever the printer has a usb port just below the sd card slot, and if I plug in a external harddrive with its own power supply in to the usb port on printer I can not access any files at all. Am I doing something wrong.
On the screen on printer, when I plug in either sd card or harddrive, it says searching for pictures on drive, then comes up no pictures found, but I can access all files no problem on the sd card when it's plugged into printer just not the harddrive, or usb stick.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 8:45am
Does the printer accept usb hard drives? I would imagine the answer is no, I don't know any that do.

SDHC cards (and usb adaptors) are different from hard drives/flash drives, they store information in a different file systems.
Posted By: davew3 Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 11:16am
You need to read up on the printer, the Epson usb is usually for an Epson modified version of Bluetooth sold seperately
Posted By: lonenickel Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 2:33pm
Please check the instructions for your printer

USB ports on a Printer are for PICT Brigde compatable cameras

Uyou plug your camera directly into the USB port and you can then read the pics directly off the camera without taking the SD Card out

Its unlickly that a USB pen drive or a USB Hard drive will work if it PICT Bridge

Thanks

Shaun
Posted By: lonenickel Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 2:37pm
hey check out this page right at the bottom

Its says pict bridge Comapatable

http://www.epson.co.uk/Store/Printers-and-All-in-Ones/Epson-Stylus-SX515W/Tech-Specs

This is Definatly why a USB PEN/Hard Drive isnt Working its a Pict Bridge USB port
Posted By: lonenickel Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 2:39pm
The idea of this Winter is to stop u using the Printer like a Network Drive Adaptor
Posted By: Clive Re: SX515w epson printer query - 14th Jul 2011 3:55pm
thanks for all the info, looks like i will just have to stick with a 32gb sd card in printer and use that, thanks
© Wirral-Wikiwirral