Forums
Posted By: Toffeenose Email problems - 7th Jul 2011 7:13pm
Evening folks , i'm having trouble reading my opened emails on outlook, when the email is open , i get a box that says " select the encoding that makes your document readable"
" text encoding"
windows default ,MS-DOS , other encoding ( which is checked).
and Japanese is highlighted , obviously , im aware it shouldnt be japanese , what should it be ,im assuming it will be Western European .. but which one.... hope this makes sense to someone.
any answers will be greatly appreciated , but since i am now going to work , i wont be able to answer anything till the morning .cheers pete
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Email problems - 8th Jul 2011 10:29am
The european ones are basically all the same, stick to UTF8 if its available as a choice (or US-English (ANSI)).

Or you could switch over to Mozilla Thunderbird which handles encoding automatically tease

Edit: Have you checked Windows default and tried that? The default should be ANSI.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Email problems - 8th Jul 2011 11:30am
Cheers for that .... my son managed to open it , by saving it to my documents , right clicking it , and opening it with Adobe... seems a bit " around the houses " but it worked ..
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Email problems - 8th Jul 2011 11:53am
I would of thought it would of been easier if you simply learned Japanese but you way worked anyhow.
Posted By: movingtables Re: Email problems - 10th Jul 2011 10:40am
Originally Posted by Toffeenose
Cheers for that .... my son managed to open it , by saving it to my documents , right clicking it , and opening it with Adobe... seems a bit " around the houses " but it worked ..

was it a PDF file?
if so download Adobe Reader: http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader/

future pdf emails should automaticaly open with it.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Email problems - 10th Jul 2011 11:11am
Movingtables , yes , it was a PDF file , and i have Adobe installed , but it is just unreadable when opened....I have managed to sort it , well my son has , but i would rather just open a n email and read it .
© Wirral-Wikiwirral