Forums
Posted By: angie Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 29th Jun 2011 10:14pm
Help needed please grin

My 6yr old compaq presario desktop wont load it turns on and power lite comes on but fan sounds very quiet and screen is blank,does anyone know anywere local where I can get this fixed and not pay pc world prices .Ty
Posted By: scoops Re: Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 29th Jun 2011 10:18pm
I suggest you PM TheDr
He's a top guy who knows his stuff. His shop is very reasonably priced too wink
Posted By: TheDr Re: Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 29th Jun 2011 11:56pm
Originally Posted by scoops
I suggest you PM TheDr
He's a top guy who knows his stuff. His shop is very reasonably priced too wink

Thanks for that smile

If you pm me I should be able to help you.
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 30th Jun 2011 3:16am
ill sort this for you for free (labour not parts - though if you need anything, I can also get you for trade price, delivered same day at zero cost delivery, even if I order at 17:30 lol).

smile
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 30th Jun 2011 3:29am
btw, pc world arnt all too bad tbh, i know people like to slate large companies like them, but in fairness their techguys/knowhow service is performed by trained qualified IT professionals so no worries if the person touching your pc is anything more than a school-leaver on NMW who plays xbox games and thinks that qualifies them to fix pc's lol, their pricing is clear for the services they offer (not bad since they launched knowhow either) so no nasty surpises, and their backup when things go wrong is usually quite good (we all hear the horror stories, but thats the same with every major company).

And no, I never have worked for PC World or any other DSGi company, I simply feel that for some problems they can work out quite competitive and good at their job, and a lot of people use them, presumably without too much in the way of issue, as they keep on going back everytime they have a problem lol.
Posted By: angie Re: Best place locally to get desktop fixed - 30th Jun 2011 6:13am
Thanks guys I pm Dr and matt thanks for the offer x
© Wirral-Wikiwirral