Forums
Posted By: ManxCat Blackberry Advice - 29th Jun 2011 5:37pm
I have a Blackberry Bold on Orange for nearly a year now and it seems to be getting a bit slow. When I press a any key it can take a while for the screen to catch up, it's only a few second delay but its there. This dosent happen all the time though.There isn't that much on it except a few apps I downloaded, messages and a full address book.

I have been on the BB website and downloaded the desktop software. Is my phone in need of a software update. I have never needed to conect it to my pc as it's been fine until now.

Any guidance would be very helpfull especially from other Blackberry users.

Many Thanks.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Blackberry Advice - 29th Jun 2011 5:49pm
If you pm me or send me your phone number I can guide you through what you have to do smile
Posted By: baldybrewer Re: Blackberry Advice - 29th Jun 2011 7:00pm
Press and hold alt then press LGLG then press the blackberry key select clear log from the list and delete this should speed your phone back up.
Posted By: Boyzonegirl Re: Blackberry Advice - 30th Jun 2011 8:34am
well I never thanks baldybrewer I have the curve and never realized mine was slow but I thought what the hell followed ur info and my phone is like lightening so thank you very much happy

Posted By: ManxCat Re: Blackberry Advice - 30th Jun 2011 10:20pm
Thank you to all who gave me guidance on this smile

I figured out what the problem was. A few weeks ago I downloaded a BlackBerry protect app via BB app world, about the time my phone started playing up. This app took up a lot system memory and resources, so much so when I unistalled it my phone has speeded back up and system memory has restored.

I have however done a software update via BB desktop manager, this gave me the OS 6 software which won't install over the OS 5 software currently installed on my BB Bold 9700.

That all said my BB is now back to its best and fully backed up on my PC. Orange shop did inform me that all BlackBerry handsets are guaranteed for twelve months of purchase with a like for like replacement if your handset fails.

Thank you and I hope my results are helpfull to other BB users cool
© Wirral-Wikiwirral