Forums
Posted By: Toffeenose Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 10:54am
Do we have any TV technicians out there that could help???. My sons TV has recently developed epilepsy i think , the menu appears off and on very quickly, all the sources scroll through , the channels change . The Tv is 18 mths old , does it sound terminal , or do you think it could be repaired???? i dont think its the remote , cos it happens when the batteries are out of it...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 11:27am
Try removing the batteries from the remote, it may be dying batteries or a faulty remote/IR sensor causing it. If its only 18 months old, you may be covered by the sales of goods act anyway.

However, Jase and Ste on these forums are/used to be TV engineers iirc, so drop them a PM.

smile
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 11:56am
Ste knows more about today's tvs than I do, pm him.. It sounds like it could be the remote panel in the tv but with out seeing it I wouldn't know. Try new batteries like Matt has said, and check that know buttons on tv or remote are not jammed. Sorry I can't be anymore help. Hope you sort it.. smile
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 1:39pm
its not the remote control i think , it freaks out even when there are no batteries in it . The tv is a Bush A626 ....
Posted By: Mark Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 3:07pm
Its not next door controlling your TV is it ?
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 3:12pm
hahaha , i was thinking that , but i get on well with my neighbours , and the way it was freaking out , they would have to hate me...
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 3:27pm
Originally Posted by Mark
Its not next door controlling your TV is it ?

You usually need line-of-sight for tv remotes as they are IR, unless its an RF remote?

smile
Posted By: Talla Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 3:35pm
Try switching off all fluorescent lights (including compact fluorescent economy bulbs) and fish tank lights.

Other sources of sporradic IR are computers and mobile phones with IR links, some wireless headphones and toys.
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 8:03pm
doing a bit of a online search , there seems to be many makes and models having the same problem ," menu keeps on popping up " without any solid answers ......
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 26th Jun 2011 8:56pm
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Try removing the batteries from the remote, it may be dying batteries or a faulty remote/IR sensor causing it. If its only 18 months old, you may be covered by the sales of goods act anyway.

However, Jase and Ste on these forums are/used to be TV engineers iirc, so drop them a PM.

smile
Matt , i'm thinking " the sale of goods act" might be the way to go , cos i think its fukt...
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 29th Jun 2011 12:56pm
update
i spoke to Argos today , they where very reasonable... anyways , i have to get an independant report from a TV technician saying its a manufacturing problem , then they will either pay for repair / or exchange.....
Posted By: Toffeenose Re: Any TV technicians???? - 16th Aug 2011 11:20am
Update..
full refund given today...happy
© Wirral-Wikiwirral