Forums
So my laptop stopped charging (over a year ago now) - Went through a couple of AC adapters thinking they were the problem - but found I was breaking them due to pulling them tight against the inside of the DC socket.

After speaking to a couple of people I would consider quite knowledgeable with computers, I was told it was most likely that the DC socket was either faulty or the connection between the socket and the motherboard wasn't good.

I recently decided I was going to get it up and running so have took the laptop to bits (to remove the motherboard) and went about buying a couple of DC sockets from ebay... borrowed the brother's soldering iron and rosin core solder... but I'm unsure about doing the soldering bit... I know how to do it, just don't trust myself to be careful enough to not break it further lol...

So to the question, is anybody on here good with a soldering iron/electricals that would be happy to do it? Would be great, thanks!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Replacing the DC socket on my motherboard... - 24th Jun 2011 8:31am
do you have a de-solder pump, to remove old solder as you heat it up, if not i have one and can do this for you
Posted By: TheDr Re: Replacing the DC socket on my motherboard... - 24th Jun 2011 9:31am
If you're stuck i replace power sockets all the time

If all you need is the socket soldering in and you have it just pop send me a pm.
Would have sent this as a pm but you're over your limit
© Wirral-Wikiwirral