Forums
Posted By: baldybrewer Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 11:51am
Reading the forum last night someone mentioned driver magician are there any free alternatives to this as it will save me hours looking for drivers for my aging pc thanks.
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 11:54am
It was me bud, driver magician is free albeit for a trial but it will do the job i think you get 30 days free.

try www.downloads.com and search Driver Magician
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 11:55am
Link below

I used this last week let me back up and reinstall FOC

http://download.cnet.com/Driver-Magician/3000-2242_4-10224337.html?tag=mncol;1
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 12:13pm
Originally Posted by baldybrewer
Reading the forum last night someone mentioned driver magician are there any free alternatives to this as it will save me hours looking for drivers for my aging pc thanks.

Save yourself the bother and buy a pc off me with a fresh install of windows for £50 with a 17" LCD monitor or with a 42" LCD tv for £150 wink

Im getting rid of several pc`s and no-one in the uk could beat my prices, i`ll undercut EVERYONE!

Private Sales of course snob
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 12:38pm
£150 for machine and 42" LCD!?...
what spec is that Ste?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 12:41pm
pentium 4 3ghz, 120gb hd, 1gb ram, 256mb graphics.

smack sorry just checked, 32" LCD
Posted By: ex0__ Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 12:45pm
Did you time travel back to 2004 to pick up that beast Ste? tease
Posted By: Nelzy84 Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 12:49pm
Not bad that Ste, i built a similar spec machine for my self with a 500gb SATA HDD and 2GB of Corsair memory, ASUS Board and windows 7 brand new from computer plus only cost me £250 on trade, same spem pc in pc world was £600 rips

Way forward selfbuild as really cheap to do, no money in computer builds anymore thats why i packed it in about 8 years back, used to recondition PC's in the place i worked in Moreton and knock em out for about 50 - 150 depending on spec etc.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 1:08pm
lol, these are old pc`s i have knocking around, its not a self build it`s a Dell, i used to build them years ago when the money was good, then pc world started building them and killed off the `easy money` traders with their ridiculously low prices, however, their pc`s didnt last very long as opposed to self built ones.

They do for the average person who isn`t a tech head.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 1:32pm
Originally Posted by _Ste_
pentium 4 3ghz, 120gb hd, 1gb ram, 256mb graphics.

smack sorry just checked, 32" LCD

Is it rocking XP?
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 1:35pm
Whatever you want mate but It will be a stolen copy.

Your respnsible for putting your own version of windows on, I'll put one on to start off the peeps that don't know how.
Posted By: TheDr Re: Looking for software - 22nd Jun 2011 11:49pm
If you want a GENUINE version I have hundreds of XP Home COA keys taken from machines i have recycled.

To comply with Microsoft rules the OEM keys are (under their rules) tied to the machine, so you will also receive a "major" part from the machine it was on (probably broken). Obviously you will then repair this part and use it in the machine you put the key on laugh

Fiver if you need one.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral