Forums
Posted By: Anonymous What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:18pm
I put item on gumtree, this is what i got back
1st email
hello there,
thanks for the fast response,i am actually buying the item for someone and will be offering you 170GBP plus the cost of postage abroad via royal mail so kindly send me paypal money request or your paypal email so that I can complete the payment asap.

2nd email
Thanks for your reply i am willing to proceed with the transaction now and pay you 170 so if youaccept my offer.kindly login to your paypal account and select the requestmoney button located at the top of your paypal account homepage and send themoney request directly to my paypal account id which [email protected] so that i can submit payment to you via paypal rightnow as paypal is safe, fast and easy to send and receive money online. If you don't have a paypal account just logon to www.paypal.com and setupyour paypal account, after setting up your paypal account you locate therequest money button located at the top of your paypal account home page,use it to request money directly from my paypal account which [email protected] once I receive your money request from paypal, I willsubmit payment to you immediately viapaypal asap.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:27pm
Dodgy
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:29pm
thanks for that, i just wanted someone else to confirm my suspicions
Posted By: polo_phil Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:30pm
i googled the email and linked to some biker forum saying dodgy and that email
Posted By: ex0__ Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:30pm
http://blog.gumtree.com/paypal-scam-alert/

If in doubt google the body of the email.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:32pm
thank you
Posted By: MattLFC Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:46pm
Looks like a scam - http://www.google.com/search?source...count+id+which+isgbengaeba%40hotmail.com
Posted By: parkgater Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 3:50pm
really dodgy,someone wants to get into your paypal account.
Posted By: ex0__ Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 4:16pm
Originally Posted by parkgater
really dodgy,someone wants to get into your paypal account.

Don't spread FUD dude, that's not what this is about. It's someone trying to scam him, not get into his account.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 4:17pm
This is a scam writ LARGE ! Tell them to go away in short sharp jerky movements !!!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: What do people think: Dodgy or not - 7th Jun 2011 4:47pm
I replied with my paypal email address

my paypal email is: do.you,think.i.came.in.on.the.last.bannana.boat.go.f**[email protected]
© Wirral-Wikiwirral