Forums
Posted By: jabber_Ish powerpoint creator - 25th May 2011 8:45pm
does anyone know if you can get windows powerpoint creator from the windows website ? Ive had a root around on there but cant find it. I have a viewer but it doesnt let me create a file

My daughter needs it to do a homework assignment and
Posted By: TheDr Re: powerpoint creator - 25th May 2011 9:25pm
PowerPoint is part of the "Office" software suite and not a freebie.

There are cracked versions around, but obviously I couldn't tell you how to get those and have to say don't do it.

As a student your daughter can get the software at a vastly reduced price from websites like www.software4students.co.uk or, if you wanted a free version, you could use www.openoffice.org which is very similar to Office (Powerpoint/Excel/Publisher etc) and the files can be read by either (usually, although some of the settings have slight incompatibility problems). This might, at least get her on tonight and you can sort out the full Office version if you want to buy it later.
Posted By: ekky2000 Re: powerpoint creator - 25th May 2011 9:26pm
try openoffice is a free suite of programs and you can save a microsoft powerpoint presentation
Posted By: MattLFC Re: powerpoint creator - 25th May 2011 9:49pm
If you want MS Powerpoint hooky (any version), drop me a PM. Lol.

Openoffice is good (I was in the testing team many many years ago for Sun StarOffice, from which Openoffice is derived), however there is a learning curve (for those used to Microsoft Office, some things just seem bizarre), it has many oddities, and it often displays documents created in Microsoft differently to how they were intended by the creator (though the same can happen in different versions of office as well - the tip is to send PDF files where possible).

smile
Posted By: jabber_Ish Re: powerpoint creator - 26th May 2011 6:46am
thanks , will give the openoffice a try
© Wirral-Wikiwirral