Forums
Posted By: ManxCat Acer Aspire One NetBook Problem - 17th Mar 2011 7:45pm
I have a acer aspire one which is in perfect condition and works well. But, when I try to connect it to the net via wifi it won't. Even when I try to access the conection settings it won't load up.

Could this be down to virus infection blocking out any atempts to get back online.

I have accessed the boot menu, bios screen and recovery.

The Acer website offers very little support and I have limited knowledge on netbooks.

Any guidance would be great.

Posted By: MattLFC Re: Acer Aspire One NetBook Problem - 18th Mar 2011 12:05pm
Is this XP, 7S or Linux? Are you by any chance trying to use some Acer software to run the wireless?

For the record, netbooks are essentially the same as any other PC or laptop etc, just a smaller form factor and CPU/resource limitations. So generally, using Windows/Linux on a netbook, is the same as using it on a laptop.
Posted By: ManxCat Re: Acer Aspire One NetBook Problem - 18th Mar 2011 1:55pm
Thank you to DigginDeeper (Andy) I have sent you a sms smile

The Netbook runs on Linux Lite, it's light alright you need a SD card to boost the internal memory.

That said it's a cracking little pc and looks cool, just won't go on the net frown
Posted By: Digital_twiddler Re: Acer Aspire One NetBook Problem - 19th Apr 2011 4:52pm
Did you sort this problem? If not give me a shout and I may be able to help - just need more details about your settings....
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Acer Aspire One NetBook Problem - 19th Apr 2011 5:30pm
Sorted mate - mostly thanks to google.

If anyone is interested in the solution. There is a config directory for the network settings that is easily corrupted, especially when switching off. Cure is just to delete the whole directory and let it recreate the settings on reboot.

As with most faults, so simple when you know and difficult when you don't.

Directory to be deleted was ....

~/.gconf/system/networking

You have to enable hidden/system files in the file browser to see that directory.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral