Forums
Posted By: diggingdeeper Mobile phone help - 8th Mar 2011 10:48pm
A weird problem ....

Motorola phone, branded t-mobile but was working very happily with an O2 sim in it. But O2 sim was blocked for non-payment.

Put a new t-mobile sim in it and it all worked fine, for a day.

Now the phone won't text or phone either in or out.

On switch on it seems to happily connect to t-mobile, however if I go to network settings and force it to re-register with t-mobile it comes up as unregistered sim.

Putting a vodaphone sim in, it comes up with unregistered sim on switch on.

Tried a factory reset and it made no difference.

Can't get t-mobile to resend the settings text because the phone isn't recieving texts.

Bin job?
Posted By: kermit Re: Mobile phone help - 8th Mar 2011 11:47pm
just a suggestion but would getting it wiped work ?
Posted By: TheDr Re: Mobile phone help - 9th Mar 2011 12:18am
Hi

If you don't pay the contract then they block the phone, in the old days you just put a sim in from another network, nowadays they share the info so within a few days it is blocked on all networks.

Depending on the phone you might be able to text and it will still work on WiFi for internet access, but calls are out.

T-Mobile will show unregistered sim and refuse network connection, Vodafone will show connected but will drop the call if you attempt to dial out.

Bit confused as to why O2 would block a phone that wasn't part of your contract (as it's T-Mobile branded), they tend to only block the phone that the sim was last in if the sim is reported stolen, so it is possible that someone at O2 has used the wrong menu and giving customer service a bell might sort it out.

If you pay the contract they'll unblock it for you, other than that it's either send it abroad (phones are only blocked within the UK at the moment, but this might change soon) or break it up and sell the parts (screen etc), failing that, aim for the bin...
Posted By: diggingdeeper Re: Mobile phone help - 9th Mar 2011 12:36am
From switch on, there is no visible sign of anything being wrong, it appears to connect to t-mobile without any unregistered sim warning - that's what confused me.

I thought t-mobile would be happy to have a PAYG re-appear on one of their branded phones - obviously not.

Might try customer services - why do I get a funny feeling in my stomach when I use those words?
© Wirral-Wikiwirral