Forums
Posted By: _Ste_ Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 10:34pm
Recent deal fell through so i`m after buying a new car stereo, been to halfords & motorworld <--- (lol), halfords haven`t got much of a selection and motorworld are crap!

Where can i buy a new stereo from around here?

Please, don`t say `Argos` been there and they are worse than motorworlds systems laugh

i need one with bluetooth and usb which is compatible with iphone.
I hate JVC due to past experience and my Panasonic has died so they can do one too.
Can anyone recommend a head unit?

Thanks smile
Posted By: Sanchez Re: Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 10:35pm
odd as it sounds bud get one endin on ebay, I did 3weeks ago for 24 delivered and it was the same one as you were after.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 10:38pm
So did the Alpine one not happen? You can have the one on here if you really want it matey!
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 10:39pm
laugh just been on there for about an hour and a half, theres too many to choose from. Lot of rubbish on there too.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 10:44pm
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
So did the Alpine one not happen? You can have the one on here if you really want it matey!

Its ok bud, if i bought that one it would only come out again so i may as well get the one i`m going to be happy with now, saves messing around. happy

I want bluetooth for handsfree and usb port for charging my phone (less wires=less clutter)

Reason i want iphone compatible is i`m sick of my cd`s cluttering up the car and getting damaged (no matter how careful i am with them they always seem to get damaged frown ).
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Help?! - 18th Jan 2011 11:28pm
The only way round that is to get a changer in the boot. I'm assuming the one for sale on here is iPhone compatible or I'm buggered.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help?! - 19th Jan 2011 1:08am
Originally Posted by CrocodileDundee
The only way round that is to get a changer in the boot. I'm assuming the one for sale on here is iPhone compatible or I'm buggered.

I carnt, the bass from the car would kill it, it has uprated speakers all round and a whacking great twin sub in the back with an amplifier.
It's a very loud setup. It wouldn't last 5 minutes with the vibrations. frown
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Help?! - 19th Jan 2011 9:06am
If the selection in Halfords isn't to your liking I think you'll have to buy online mate.
You may get the odd one in a supermarket or other shop but they will always certainly be crap or will not suit your requirements.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help?! - 19th Jan 2011 1:52pm
Woot! I've found one....

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/ica-bluetooth-car-stereo/mex-bt3800u#pageType=Overview

Does everything I need and fully iPhone compatible yerrr!
No parrot or mobile charger needed now, less wires=much tidier car grin (now if I can just find those interior panel screws lol).
smile
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Help?! - 19th Jan 2011 2:03pm
wow... er bargain omg

but looks good thumbsup
I had a Sony Xplod a few years ago in the oloP. By far the best stereo i've had
© Wirral-Wikiwirral