Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Totally Puzzled - 9th Jan 2011 3:03pm
Left my puter on last night, with wiki left open unfortunately. Now I can't get my wireless network up, using ethernet cable, and tells me my setting are wrong on the computer to go wireless. Tried looking at everything and can't find a hint of what it is about. My signon page for my home website has also gone back to basics. Anyone come across this one and found a fix????? Basically, I can't go wireless as there is no signal according to the pop-up.
Posted By: stumpyduck Re: Totally Puzzled - 9th Jan 2011 4:22pm
reboot everything and see what happens , if that doesnt work do a system restore from a few daysago and all should be good .
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Totally Puzzled - 9th Jan 2011 9:59pm
2200 and finally nailed it. what happened there?
took BT off totally, reinstalled, set up ether wire, wouldn't wear the wireless adaptor. Couldn't get the driver to load and windows nor bt could see it, so took that off again. tried to reload from the disk and it wouldn't have it, after several goes. realised vista might have been the problem, downloaded vista driver, couldn't find it, download it again, and again. finally sortd out where it was. got the vista driver on and hello baby. during this time computer doing automatic backups, scans and god knows what. downloaded my net protection again and finally I am all hunky dory. what a day. Tks for that Stewy, oh by the way, tried several executive reboots as well. just glad I got there in the end. Talk about going all round north end just to get to woodside.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral