Forums
Posted By: BandyCoot Welsh TV Progs - 8th Jan 2011 12:00pm
On BT Vision and the box tunes in to all the Welsh channels first, giving them preferential treatment. BT reckons its aerial alignment but I disagree, I reckon it's the input to the box via its engineering channel. Anybody else had any experience on this score please?
Posted By: Mark Re: Welsh TV Progs - 8th Jan 2011 12:09pm
I Have heard about this, there is a way around it, but for the life of me could remember the work around.

But its extreme like move the areial from what i remember?

No Help, but the is a big hooo harr about it.
Posted By: BandyCoot Re: Welsh TV Progs - 8th Jan 2011 12:26pm
The antenna is aligned with everyone elses and what is probably happening is that the Welsh thing is so big on the back lobe that it is as powerful as the NW area txmitter so I'm banjaxed. However when my contract comes up for renewal I reckon they will probably figure something out then. Tried sorting it out via favourites but that don't work. It retuned itself correctly once but then after a power surge or something it went back to bloody Welsh again, Plaid Cymru my arse. From what I remember from my cable days it's something to do with the head end as well, that's where they wire up the different lines.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Welsh TV Progs - 8th Jan 2011 12:43pm
After the problems caused by stage one of the switch over I thought I would post some info that people might find useful. Instead of doing an automatic retune (which may cause problems such as picking up Welsh channels and having channels in the 800s), it would be best to do a manual retune using the info below:PSB1 - CH 62MUX 2 - CH 59MUX A - CH 58MUX B - No Longer BroadcastingMUX C - CH 61MUX D - CH 55MUX HD - CH 54I got this info from the official Digital UK Website. If you do a manual retune using the channels above, then hopefully there should be no problems.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral