Forums
Posted By: anniebo28 Cassette and record to pc converter, in Aldi - 4th Jan 2011 6:48pm
I was in there today and seen these out the corner of my eye.
A cassette to pc converter (usb) and a record / LP to pc converter (usb).
One was £25 and one was £30.
I know from past, these are around £80 to buy normally but are on offer in Aldi on Laird street.
Just thought I would put this up in case anyone is looking for one.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Cassette and record to pc converter, in Aldi - 4th Jan 2011 7:00pm
More clutter, go on, why not? Fill your houses up full of cheap tacky useless crap!
Or alternatively go to any good electrical store and by a lead to go from your hifi to your pc or laptop for £10 no
I hate all the cheap riff raff sh**e they are allowed to sell in this country! Destroy it all! Ban the crap! Especially LG snob
Posted By: MattLFC Re: Cassette and record to pc converter, in Aldi - 5th Jan 2011 10:01am
Ay, I got a crappy little "Logik" MP3 player, 2GB memory with a small colour screen, mini-USB rechargable with 15 hours battery life, pretty generic software though straightforward to use, for £3.69 at PC World, just needed it to use in the car, and it works a treat... For less than the cost of a pint in a lot of bars as well!!

In fact it worked so good, I got my niece one as well, and she is absolutely made up with it (can't get her to put it down, mind she is only 8 lol). It even sounds quite decent through the headphones (included), and a good thing is the volume does not go ludacrisly high, so her little ears are safe.

Im all for top-brands when it comes to electricals, but sometimes, some of the cheap crap aint so bad. I guess it depends what you want, how much you are paying for it and how long it lasts.

smile
Same here, over the years I have bought a lot of good brand names and over the top expensive ones as well. Good name does not always mean good quality (I cant remember how many times I've had to return expensive items because they don't work).
I just seen these and thought they may be of use to someone on here.
if its HI-FI it just HAS to be NAIM audio (see avatar) thumbsup the best there is

as for monitors had loads of problems with acer so now use LG does a decent job for a decent price
Posted By: DavidB Re: Cassette and record to pc converter, in Aldi - 5th Jan 2011 4:37pm
I don't buy cheap stuff anymore, I'm sick of taking it to the tip. I made a new year's resolution last year if anything breaks, it gets repaired! I've had the same mouse for three years and it broke today!
A lot of stuff is made out of plastic which just snaps if any force is put on it.
i agree,

there should be more places to get things fixed ,

we live in a very disposable society now
© Wirral-Wikiwirral