Forums
Posted By: leelad03 Help with Windows 7 playing old games! - 24th Dec 2010 9:53pm
Now i have tried playing red alert 2 in the past but its a 95 game for that old windows but i cant seem to play it or even sudden strike 2 frown... i have just ordered a game that works on all previous windows up to XP but now that i have Windows 7 it wont play. someone has said something about capability or something... would like some help on how to play it.

dont understand why windows dont make a patch update that will play old games its silly aint it
Posted By: Mark Re: Help with Windows 7 playing old games! - 24th Dec 2010 10:05pm
google sun virtual box

install that then install xp on it and away you go.

Posted By: little_pob Re: Help with Windows 7 playing old games! - 25th Dec 2010 10:17pm
Originally Posted by leelad03
Now i have tried playing red alert 2 in the past but its a 95 game for that old windows but i cant seem to play it or even sudden strike 2 frown... i have just ordered a game that works on all previous windows up to XP but now that i have Windows 7 it wont play. someone has said something about capability or something... would like some help on how to play it.

Originally Posted by Mark
google sun virtual box

Another option is to see if you are able to run Win 7's "XP Mode".
Originally Posted by leelad03
dont understand why windows dont make a patch update that will play old games its silly aint it
It's the game dev' that needs to write the patch not MS.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Help with Windows 7 playing old games! - 26th Dec 2010 12:52am
Originally Posted by Mark
google sun virtual box

happy thanks mark, I too have had the same problem.
© Wirral-Wikiwirral