Forums
Posted By: chev_chelios Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 2:13am
New consoles have awesome graphics but if u have a day or 2 of gaming for about 3hrs then u complete the games. Maybe they should put less of the movie bits in games and slightly do away with attention to detail. And checkpoint every 5mins like cod grrr.
Posted By: MrPhil Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 2:47am
Do agree.

MW2 completed in under 5 hours.

Special ops was a few days as 2 player needed.

Thing is tho can they fit them all on a disc for longer games?

Posted By: DavidB Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 12:08pm
They're like films now! There's loads of games that last weeks/months, you're just buying the blockbuster stuff.
Posted By: KevinFinity Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 12:53pm
I have been playing GTA4 casually for about a week and a half and I am about a third of the way through it already. The cut scenes are ridiculously long. I barely watch them now and just skip them. I want to play a game not watch a pixalated movie.
Posted By: kermit Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 2:44pm
special ops any good
Posted By: chev_chelios Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 3:26pm
Yeah special ops is good. I like snowmobile race.
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 8:13pm
Originally Posted by KevinFinity
I have been playing GTA4 casually for about a week and a half and I am about a third of the way through it already. The cut scenes are ridiculously long. I barely watch them now and just skip them. I want to play a game not watch a pixalated movie.

For me i enjoy both, unless i`ve already seen them of course smile
Posted By: phalinmegob Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 9:00pm
i am halfway through the original half life, forgot just how good it was,then i will do opposing force and then half life 2
Posted By: AX_125 Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 9:11pm
I prefer the online stuff rather than single player so I get my moneys worth out of COD and Forza
Posted By: _Ste_ Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 31st Oct 2010 10:19pm
Originally Posted by AX_125
I prefer the online stuff rather than single player so I get my moneys worth out of COD and Forza

Yeah and i bet your a much better player than none online gamers, you learn to be more tactical playing online smile

Originally Posted by phalinmegob
i am halfway through the original half life, forgot just how good it was,then i will do opposing force and then half life 2
AWESOME game mate, i remember the original half life, sent my head spinning using a projector & fresnal lens in front of my face with that game! (amazing feeling like your in the game, try it) then half life 2 came out, omg! awesome graphics, love them both!!! laugh

I also still have postal 2, funny game, got banned.
F.E.A.R bit repetative but good, desperados, commandos,manhunt, CALL OF CHEAUTLU awesome game,discworld, broken sword 1 & 2 to name a few favs.
Posted By: polo_phil Re: Is it me? Or are new games shorter? - 1st Nov 2010 3:52pm
The single player/campaign is only a small part on a lot of games with a large amount of development going into online multiplayer.
Less and less games having the 1-4 players (on the same console/tv) option. Which is a shame if you are socialble and have real friends wink
© Wirral-Wikiwirral